Where to book flights?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 13, 2009.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great to meet you too Sam, after communicating this way for so long.

Yes, the US Consulate is in Merida. There is also an office in Plaza Caracol in the HZ but I am 99% positive you have to go to Merida for Visas. You can apply for and renew US passports in the Cancun office though. You may want to call 883-0272 to double check.

It is about 3 hrs to Merida from downtown Cancun. The drive is on the cuota once you get out past Plaza 21. The tolls are not cheap. You pay twice each way and the total is a bit over $300 each way. You do NOT want to take the free road as it will take forever and you will go over 200 topes.

You need either to leave incredibly early or get a hotel the night before. You will have a better idea from your appointment time but I am pretty sure all appointments are before 11 am or so.

You can do your application online AFTER you have your appointment, or at least fill out the application and print it. I will try to get a better read on this in the next day or two.

Good luck,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice