Where should we stay/book our trip

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sprout, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Sprout

Sprout Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

My friend has finally decided to blow off one of his mid terms to go down to Cancun. Were flying out of buffalo, NY although we are from Waterloo, ON. The price that student city gives us for 03/10/07 to 03/17/07 is 3526 U.S. for Oasis Cancun. If we can find a nicer place for the same or less we would gladly go for it. We care that there are people around us our age (21,22) but the guy/girl ratio doesn't bother us. Were there to have a good time and meet lots of people.

Thanks in advance!

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, I debated on posting this and it may not be the most popular opinion but I'm going to say it anyway.

Your friend shouldn't be booking anywhere if he has to blow off one of his midterms to make the trip. He may have a week of fun but blowing off a midterm is serious business and can have consequences that last much longer than that one week.

If he's a good friend of yours, you might wnt to suggest going another week or waiting another year and going when he doesn't have to make such an irresponsible choice.

Spring break is great...but it's not worth screwing up a GPA for. Cancun will be there when he can go without messing with his education.

3. Sprout

Sprout Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fair enough I would agree with you in most cases. He is in 4th year Comp Eng and its a 10% mid term for a first year english class. He already has a job secured in California when he graduates. So he can blow this one off. In general no, its not a good idea.

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    damn his mid term only counts for 10 % of his final grade? lol hell i wanna go there!!! mine counts for about 40%

5. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha i know wtf!! My one class I had 3 tests (including the final) all of which were 30% of my grade pfft.

I totally wouldn't blow off a midterm though.. a class yes, but a big test, no. Could he maybe talk with his prof. and request to take it early? He may not think it's that big of a deal, but it really could screw him over. Maybe his job would see him blowing off things to go on vacation and be like well thats not the kind of person we want working for us? Idk, but he could at least be responsible and attempt to take the midterm early? Just my opinion.

6. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well said karan (it is a kick ass time though!)

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome Sprout....

Now you are going from Buffalo? did you find that much more of a price difference than in Toronto?

Oasis Cancun is a party hotel for sure, but they tend to over price it coming from Canada...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice