Where might I find Santander or Banorte Bancs?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bank advised against using my credit card or debit card at restaurants. I think the concern was not knowing the exchange rate.
    They suggested I get cash at the above mentioned banks because they have an affiliation with them and the ATM fees would be very low.

Thanks for your help.

Alice

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you mean in the hotelzone, you can find a Santander bank just next to Plaza Kukulcan. If you go to the far left of the plaza (not inside the plaza itself, outside) you will see a street which leads behind it. The Santander is just in front of you.

3. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. How about downtown?

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alice, do you have an American Express card?

They are the very best for exchange rates today - the charge for exchange is something like 1% where VISA is more like 3% these days.

And for 1% (or even 3%) are you really going to go out of your way to make multiple stops at the banks and then carry cash around with you?

Your time there is limited and your exposure grows exponentially with cash.

I am not a frivoulous person by any means, but in this case, I think you're better off to spend the money.

5. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't think he meant a surcharge for exchanging, just a bad/unknown rate. I totally agree with you though; time is short and I don't want to waste it running around looking for options that wouldn't even save me what my daughters waste at a movie on a Friday night. Thanks

6. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bank may be referring to the charge that is applied to some cards for use in Mexico. MasterCard now charges 2% on all charges in Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice