Where is a good restaurant to get escargot in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by michelleandcarl, Jan 3, 2007.

1. michelleandcarl

michelleandcarl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We love to get escargot in butter on vacation. When we went to St Martin we had it almost every night as an appetizer. Is there a French restaurant in Cancun that any of you recommend where they have great escargot? Unfortunately where we live there aren't any restaurants that serve it.

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :-| :-| Ive been twice, and have eaten at numerous resteraunts, however I dont remember seeing escargot on the menu...I think Steve or Karan can best answer that question

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a French restaurant in Le Meridien Hotel that is open to the public called "Aioli". The Frommers site says they serve escargot, but the Le Meridien site is down as they change ownership so I can't confirm if that is accurate info.

4. Senor Verde

Senor Verde Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only place I have seen it was at the Royal Mayans specialty restaurant "El Conquistador".

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there is a great little frech restaurant at Parque de Las Palapas in front of La Habichuela, they serve really good and tasty escargots, the place is charming and they also have a great wine selection.

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wonderful "dinner report" on the Aioli and an alternative website here:
    http://www.luxuryweb.com/html/aioli_restaurant.html

The Le Meridien website indicates this restaurant is "seasonal". Any ideas what that means in the case of the Aioli?

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a great French restaurant in downtown Cancun (SM-25 on Calle Pina, I believe), aptly named Le Escargot. The restaurant is family-owned and they speak Spanish, English, and, of course, French. The food is excellent! The restaurant is very small so be sure to make a reservation. Request a table outside on the terrace. It has much more ambiance than the indoor seating area. They also have a singer perform a couple of times a week. It is definitely worth making the trip from the hotel zone to try this little hidden treasure.

Susan

9. michelleandcarl

michelleandcarl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies. We left for Cancun on the 4th and just got home yesterday. I wish I would have seen the replies about the downtown restaurants before we left. We did not eat in a French restaurant this time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice