Where do you tell Friends and Family you are going?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Todzilla, Mar 4, 2009.

1. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    we count at least half of our best friends - people whom we have met through bbg/temptations

rob and tonya

2. missnbluebay

missnbluebay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thank you RobnStew, I have horrible grammar, but thank you.

3. missnbluebay

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I think this needs to be broken down into context.

1. There are your good friends and your family they know who you are and how you party, they know where we are going and what we do there, and they get to see the pics when we get back.

2. There are your acquaintances, they don't know you that well, and you don't know them that well (and don't care to) they get "we are going to Blue bay" (good luck finding it.)

3. Then there are your coworkers that are neither of the above. They get "we are going to Cancun."

I could care less what people think of me, but no reason to give them any ammunition.

4. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We tell them Swingtown. Just kidding of course, but that was a really cool series. Sucks it was canceled!!

5. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    diamondheaded & missnbluebay, I ain't gonna copy what you've said as a quote but they were both very well put indeed.
    We're lucky enough to be able to tell people what we want and because the Blue bay Getaway was on British TV as a swingers hotel people just say 'your off to that dodgy hotel aren't you?'.
    We of course say yes and to be honest 99% of them say they wish they could go.
    In the defence of shalomtou, we care what others think about us but not to the point were it would effect what we do. It's a catch 22 thing because we are always honest if people ask us about were we're going or what we do but some people don't like the answer and get offended or say nasty things. It's very hard to give a toss what they think because if they are big enough to ask the questions then the should respect our answers.
    On the other hand some people are great about what we do (even tho they don't), take everyone on here for instance. We've openly said what we are and what we do and no one has been rude or anything which is great and we would be really worry about what you guys on here think because you've been so nice.
    Jamie's met us a few years ago and knows we're a lot quieter in real life than we are in print or pictures simply becuase we wory about what you guys think in person xxx

6. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    diamondheaded & missnbluebay, I ain't gonna copy what you've said as a quote but they were both very well put indeed.
    We're lucky enough to be able to tell people what we want and because the Blue bay Getaway was on British TV as a swingers hotel people just say 'your off to that dodgy hotel aren't you?'.
    We of course say yes and to be honest 99% of them say they wish they could go.
    In the defence of shalomtou, we care what others think about us but not to the point were it would effect what we do. It's a catch 22 thing because we are always honest if people ask us about were we're going or what we do but some people don't like the answer and get offended or say nasty things. It's very hard to give a toss what they think because if they are big enough to ask the questions then the should respect our answers.
    On the other hand some people are great about what we do (even tho they don't), take everyone on here for instance. We've openly said what we are and what we do and no one has been rude or anything which is great and we would be really worry about what you guys on here think because you've been so nice.
    Jamie's met us a few years ago and knows we're a lot quieter in real life than we are in print or pictures simply becuase we wory about what you guys think in person xxx

7. hawkfans

hawkfans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We told everyone Temptation! and gave them the website. We are not embarrassed or ashamed. I think it is going to be awesome. Our friends and family love us for who were and we will not change. Life is what you make of it. We just want to get away and not worry about being drunk and stupid around children. As we don't drink around our 3 @ home. We also invited several other couples. 1 couple is coming with us. 2 other couples choose the RUI (children welcome). To each their own. They want to meet up with us @ the clubs... We told them we'll see and are hoping we will not want to leave Temptation. WE ARE PROUD TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHERE WE ARE GOING!

8. missnbluebay

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thank you very much. I haven't "heard" anyone say dodgy in years. I was stationed in London for 2 years when I was in the Marines. It was a very good time. I did some training with the British Royal marine in south wales. those guys know how to drink. it got to the point where I would have to take my pint to the bathroom and dump it I couldn't keep up. they ended up catching me doing it and I caught all kind of hell. very good times though and very good guys.

9. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    you guys should be very proud that all of your family and friends are so open minded - some of us (including the person who posted and asked for advice on this subject) are not that fortunate :cry: .........so we handle things the best way we can - simply out of respect - not because we are "embarrased" or "ashamed" of who we are or what we do

has nothing to freaking do with it at all!!!

i do find it interesting though that you guys do not drink and act stuipid around the children - for t and i - we do - our kids are used to it and understand that is part of who we are and accept us as we are (kind of like your family and friends accept you guys and the places you go :cool: )

you should see our fourteen year old son do an imitation of me hugging on our dog huggy and singing to her when i come home drunk - would have you in tears laughing - i even have a video and im very proud of it -

but aint going to send it to our parents -

so i guess...........in a way...........we all keep things from family, friends, and others we know (not that there is anything wrong with that :wink: )

and for people to look for ways to creatively deal with these little life dilemmas in this post is perfectly okay and they should not be made to feel bad simply for asking how some of us deal with this issue

the harsh reality is............we ALL face these matters in some form or fashion every single day

ya know??

the best

rob

10. youngnfunaz

youngnfunaz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We tell The Wifes Mom as we want at least one person to know where we went for safety plus she herself goes on alot of vacations that are Nude resorts/cruises ect. We feel its always good to tell at least one person where your going especially since the kids are being left home and the fact we are going to mexico . But to others we just say that we are going to cancun thats all. We have a cell phone that works there so call us

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice