Where do you tell Friends and Family you are going?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Todzilla, Mar 4, 2009.

1. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just say we're going to Temptation.. If anyone gives me a cross look, I merely point out that while the name seems to imply one thing, it's not near as risque as it sounds. I mean it certainly can be for some people but for us, it's a place to relax with no screaming kids, and I can avoid tan lines on my upper half :)

-Kasi

2. sgalbo

sgalbo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a shirt when I went to Hedonism 3 , yea I got some funny looks when I got back home :D But hey whatever, I went to temptations when it was the BBG a few years back and no one had anything to say then.

3. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    A couple of years ago we vacationed at Couples in Negril. When they learned where we were going, friends and co-workers inferred that the name had something to do with swinging, so it's easy to see how people would assume Temptations was a resort for sex-crazed people (okay, so maybe we are, lol). Seriously, though, we had no problem telling people that we prefer "adult oriented" resorts and we explain that we prefer to vacation at places with NO KIDS. And if somebody wants to call us, they have our cell numbers....

4. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I'm going to start telling people I'm going back to Rehab... (Rehab from work, that is!)

April 24th is just too far away...

5. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    FUNNY!! I love it! REHAB here we come

6. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tell everyone im going to a Topless resort lol...who cares whats others think .... :D

7. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    we tell the truth.... We dont care what others think....... You only live once.......

8. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    that is a hard one - while im very much in agreement with that in theory and t and i certainly understand the sentiment :cool: and we are completely happy with who we are :lol: and the way we choose to live our lives :shock: :)

we also have a very deep and profound respect for others - so for us (not saying you guys here :wink: ) to say that we "don't care what others think" would be completely inconsiderate and disrespectful...........almost haughty

we very much care what others think - but that does not mean that we have change the way we live - nor should it -

just a simple respect thing for us

we are both very glad our parents care what we think - if they did not care what we thought............... then they would just go right ahead and tell us "if yall dont not change ye evil ways ye going to dry rot from dat heat in a smokey devils hell"

but you see - they know that would be being inconsiderate to us - so even though they think that - they dont say it

make sense?

i mean they know for a fact that we are wilder than cooder brown, a horny tasmanian devil and ozzy osbourne combined - BUT - we dont stick it in their face - and tell them "we dont give a rats ass what you think - we going to temptations and party with swingers, hoes, drunks, lesbians, overly hetero sexuals, cattle rapers, and super hero wannabeez"

we respect them and their beliefs and find other ways to communicate in a respectful manner

i think the person who posted was like a lot of us - who try and find creative ways to handle this subject - while i do understand that there are those out there that do not share our feelings on this subject -

for us - i assure you tonya and i are in fact going to do whatever the hell we want to do when we want to do it - but that does not mean we have a "screw the world" license to be disrespectful to those we love and care about

so

here is what we do........

we tell our oldest daughter that we are at temptations and give her the number (our kids know we are crazy and they are okay with it - parents are not) if anyone needs us they are informed to get in touch with kk and she will reach us

and everyone is happy :)

maybe that old line is applicable sometimes?

"some things are better left unsaid"

the best

rob

9. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Very well put! We are exactly in-tune with your way of thinking!

10. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    This statement is one of the best one-line encapsulations of the BBG/Temptations experience I have ever seen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice