Where do you book your trip & get travel insurance?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by briboe, Aug 7, 2008.

1. briboe

briboe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What company/website do most of you use to book a package deal for your hotel, flight, and hurricane travel insurance? I'm trying to book a trip from Detroit to Cancun 9/25 to 9/30, and would like to stay at the Riu Cancun.

It seems like all of the package deals have flights with horrible times or multiple stops, or the travel insurance isn't available. It looks like I can book the hotel and flight cheaper if I do them separately, but then I'm not sure how I get the trip insurance. The sticky for Newbie's lists some websites for insurance, but I'm leery of getting a separate policy.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    Brian

2. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I buy travel insurance seperately with travelguard and usually book flights with worryfreevacations.com, funjet.com or Frontier.

Most travel carriers don't have that good of insurance and it doesn't protect you agiant them :) This is why I go with a seperate Insurance carrier. You can choose the type of coverage you want rather than just taking their one deal. Shopping around is always good to do.

3. ChrisnCancun

ChrisnCancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went through apple tours and got a pretty goo deal. They also supplied me with a non stop flight from st.louis to cancun in less than 3 hours. Reasonable insurance too. Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice