Where do all of the locals eat?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pocodinero, Feb 1, 2010.

1. gringoNparadise

gringoNparadise Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bottom line there are SO many good places to eat for cheap go into the neiborhoods look for a grandmas house that doubles as a little cafe/restaurant ......super killer food ,clean ,prepared a momento, for around 35 pesos.

2. gringoNparadise

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in my opinion ALL the commercial restaurants mentioned in this thread fall very short on the authenticity ambiance and shear eating pleasure of almost any true little mom and pops type home/restaurant.which are located in almost all the neigborhoods in town!

3. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    one word.... AMAZING!!!!!!

4. gringoNparadise

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry no such thing as a typical margarita (they arent mexican at all) but that being said try an american style place like applebees! or any of the others. bubba gumps , etc

5. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How are margaritas not Mexican?

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good questions as I had some amazing ones here like at El Tacolote. I would never step foot into an Applebees let alone order a margarita from there (and it's not a mom & pops type of place...lol)

7. Hudson

Hudson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Burgers and dogs, etc.

Well, based on this review and in honor of the Memorial Day weekend in the good ol' USofA, I decided to try it out.

Bottom line - a LOT of good food, CHEAP. I got a hamburger with cheese, bacon and all the fixin's, and a hot dog for 45 pesos! Everything was great and I would recommend the place. The only downside was the hamburger patty is one of those frozen ones that you get in Sam's club. But when you load it up with all the stuff, it was really good. Thanks for the heads up.

I might as well throw my 2 cents in about my favorite restaurant. I am not sure it has been discussed here. It is called Los Aguachiles, and is located on Nichupte, next door to the McDonalds.

I love just about everything there, but the tostados with fresh sushi tuna, avocado and poppy seeds do the trick for me. Give me this restaurant and Los de Pescados' fish tacos, and I am a happy, happy person.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was doing one of my exercising walks that tend to lead me everywhere and found a house that had been turned into a Panini / Cafe place. Shaded outdoor tables. Looking inviting but I was not hungry nor did I have time to interupt my mission.

I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THIS LITTLE PLACE. It could be an interesting discovery.

Where, you ask? On Bacalar, off Del Sol (OXXO on that corner), on the left. Closer to Del Sol than to Kohunlich.

I will wait a day or so for replies and then try it.

9. Aussie in Cancun

Aussie in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Indian

Steve where is this Indian place you mention? I moved here from Australia 4 months ago and I'm craving Indian... (this is my first reply too :icon_smile: )

10. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's about time!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice