Where do all of the locals eat?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pocodinero, Feb 1, 2010.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matkirk,

We used to go when the first opened next to Blockbuster. $73 for the Arrachera Pkg. Last time I went it was $159, or was it $169. Whatever, it was far more than inflation and my income increased.

Used to go all the time. Now, rarely.

Que sera, sera.

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is JC Carnes the one right on the left corner next to Soriana?? (the one on Kabah).

We should do a where the locals advise you don't eat, I'll go first, i advise not eating the buffet at Sirloin Stockade, it's beyond horrendous in my opinion.

One place that has never let me down is Las Quekas - chicken and mushroom quesadillas everytime delicious. It's vanished from Las Americas though, we go to Las Avenidas.

In the same Plaza, the place on the end (directly opposite burger king, where the kebab shop used to be) has really good food. Only place my daughter finishes her food everytime, she has the picadillo tacos with rice and beans, 14 pesos. We have the arracherra quesadillas 34 pesos and they are delicious, well worth a try if your in that area. Only ended up going after i went in that taco place opposite (blue sign, ignored the name) and they refused to sell me one taco for my daughter, had to buy 5 or something stupid like that, i laughed at them and walked away.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Sam. The old Italian Coffee Co. location.

4. StorageLady

StorageLady Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Las Quekas? You mentioned you go to one at las Avenidas...is that a street or a place?

5. aziano

aziano Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone tried Los Abuelos? I was able to on my very first day in Cancun courtesy of the B&B owner I stayed at. Tried their churros on recommendation and it's really good. I don't quite remember where it is located though. Wanna try it again next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice