Where do all of the locals eat?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pocodinero, Feb 1, 2010.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori, come visit me, I am even closer than TJ. ;-)

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Turns out you live three bldgs from my bf's old place. I will let you know when I am coming and we can meet for a dog!!!

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've tried that place TJ. It was nice, tasty. You get a choice of a few different salads to go with the pannini. I thought it was kind of expensive but the portions were pretty big. Huge juices or smoothies.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori, how did you find that out? Stalker! :D :D :D

Love my hood. :)

5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TeeeeeeJaaaaay told me! He like to spread neighborhood gossip!!

Btw...the burger/dog place across from Walmart was PACKED tonight around 8ish. No less then 20 ppl were hanging around. If I wasn't on a bus and also tired I would have had to join them.

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ay T.J., the Gladys Kravitz of the hood. ;-)

(And for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about.... Gladys Kravitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Back on the food topic, the kid and I regularly eat at Sushi Akky at Plaza las Palmas. If you want SIMPLE (ie, no cream cheese, no extra stuff, just seaweed, rice and fish) sushi, it's the place to go. They have two pages of rolls with extra stuff, but on the back page they have a section for "sashimi and sushi". The Hamachi and Maguro rollls are our faves. The waiters treat us extremely well, the price is good and they have two for one rolls on Wednesday (apparently the rolls we like are not part of the special, but they give it to us as we are regulars). :)

7. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flavours to your Door!!!

A restaurant at #23 uxmal (across from Immigration, 2 locals down from the Farmacia Ahorro). Not a cheap place but the food is very good and they have a few "English" specialties such as "Bangers and Mash," Cottage Pie, English pie, and Beef Wellington. You can order online and the food will be ready when you get there or they can deliver it to you. On Sundays, they have a good "carvery." Check out the website.

8. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was all excited there for a minute but then I saw the prices!!!

I ate a gorgeous carvery in England in a beautiful country pub for 8 pounds, and it was fantastic. So I'm struggling to understand why a carvery in Mexico is 300 pesos or about 16 quid, double the price?

The day I pay 200 pesos for bangers and mash....

Good food for a good price with good service, that's what I want - If I ate there I'd just feel like I was getting royally ripped off.

9. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way what's "English pie", although I seem to remember eating some of that once upon at time....:icon_smile:

10. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The English aren't very good at coming up with appetizing names for food, are they?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice