Where and when is "Happy Hour" on the Hotel Zone?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by davisod, Jan 20, 2007.

1. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't wait to walk along the beach and stop into the hotel bars for an ice-cold beer. But I realize some places are better deals than others, so what I'm trying to find out is: Where and when is a "Happy Hour" on the Hotel Zone?

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When you're laying on the beach just look up.

You'll see planes flying banners that will tell you what places are offering drink specials.

Or just head down to party central and walk around. The "maitre d's" :wink: will definitely grab you as you walk by and tell you what their place has to offer.

3. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Happy Hour? Cancun? 24/7 :beerdrink: No, really, party central always has drink specials, because they all compete, and downtown as well, there's always someone trying to offer you a drink.

4. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not interested in downtown's happy hours and if the HZ's party central is not along the beach (shows I'm a newbie, eh), then I'm not interested either, unless beers are $1.00 - but on that theme, what can I expect a reasonably priced beer to cost?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,206 / 14
    I think you might be disappointed, it's not like you can stroll the beach and pop in a hotel as and when you feel like it. Many places are all inclusive and wont let you in without the right wristband. Beach bars are, sadly, virtually non existent.

It's not two for one but at Philly Cheesesteak beers are just a dollar, and it's right in the heart of the HZ.

Not sure that many bars in the HZ do the traditional happy hour thing, 2*1 deals yes but not a certain time of day when prices are cheaper, although it amounts to the same thing.

You should expect to pay anywhere from $3-$5 for a beer at most HZ bars.

6. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, many (if not all) of the hotels have happy hours - but as Steve mentioned, the bar and swimming areas of most (if not all) are generally not open to the public.

As was also mentioned, the bars in the Convention Center Area (called Party Central in the previous posts) do complete heavily for business at night and 2x1 is a common offering used to lure customers in.

For the least expensive drinks (and food) in the area - available to anyone who strolls by, go to Isla Mujeres. As an example, at Cheapo Don's on the island (see below), Happy Hour has been extended to all Day.

[​IMG]

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only bars in hotels that youare going to be able to get a drink at are the ones not in all inclusive resorts.

You won't find any $1 beers either at these resorts. In fact, $1 won't even buy you a soda at many of these places. It wouldn't even buy you half a soda, LOL.

Head off the beach and hit party central.

You aren't goigto find dirt cheap beers there either though. $3-5 is about the norm other than Philly Cheesesteak whick as Steve says has $1 Sols and Dos Equis. But it's not a bar....it's a small restaurnt where you sit at the counter.

And I beleive during Spring Break most of their sales are done through the side window to handle the crowds. There just isn't enough counter space.

8. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D Hey Steve and Karen last May Diane and I walked along the beach from BBG to the P. Ships and we found this little bar and food stop. Dont know the name but they have tables and a girl who brings drinks and it was cheap. Do you guys know the name of this place. They had the best fish bites we ever had

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How close to the Pirate Ship was it, Mike???

10. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just go to one of those OXXO stores I think thats what they are called. Pick some up and drink on the beach?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice