When you become a Cancun veteren

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mikey, Feb 26, 2004.

?

When do you become a Cancun veteren

1. 1 time

99.4%
  2. 2-5 times

0.6%
  3. 5-10 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10-15 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 15-20 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. You have to go go as long as a certain person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen this question asked somewhere else but I was wondering how many here what they think.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My feeling is that you're a veteran after just one experience. When you come back and provide your first trip report, you are providing good, first-hand accounts of what goes on there and what your experiences were. These help newbies who haven't been there at all.

Now, if you want to be a Cancun expert...I doubt even that I am in that category! I'd put NormsKid right up there (Michelle, where are you?...). One needs a large number of trips for that one, I guess.

3. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you on after going once, but where I saw the same question asked someone said something about having to go quite a lot more than that. Plus I posted this because there has not been a poll for a while and thought it would be fun to see what the ruesults would be.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Nice one Mikey - wouldnt this be better in cancun info?

As for my opinion I'd say 2 -5, remembering back to my first trip, I really didnt know that much about Cancun when I went back the second time. I had been to downtown once and probably couldnt find any of the clubs again without someone showing me where they were. I didnt really know what all the tours were about and my knowledge of the hotels was as extensive as the only one I had stayed in.

Still, in those days I hadnt researched much, I think it's quite easy to do research now and then explore on your first trip using what you learnt. I'd say it's really only the second trip onwards with Cancun experience and more research in your portfolio that you really get to know the how, where, whens.

5. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At first it was a judgement call, but after you asked I went ahead and moved it.

6. Timm

Timm Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Mike F. The first two times we really didn't know what we were doing. Went the first time, believe it or not on Springbreak in 1983, and then after we were making more money, we have been trying to go down there twice since 1996. It is the beach that is so darn addictive, and the place just keeps getting better and better everytime, as we know exactly what we want to do. Even have tried to go many other places to see if we could find something like it, but no Cancun it is...

7. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    for most people, i would say 3-5 trips, unless you really do your research before hand, then you could be considered a veteran after 2 trips.

there is just so much to do and be seen in and around Cancun, 1 trip just isn't enough, IMHO.

8. Ghostman

Ghostman Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess we would qualify as veterens as we have been 5 times. :D
    We have tried to fo every year for the past 7 years and love it more each time we go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice