When will the rain stop???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you here? Cause if you are, honey, GET IN YER BOAT!!! :)

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw that yesterday (couldn't get SIPSE to load for the life of me) and told hubby. Good thing there are no guns allowed here cause we'd be shooting our refri. O.M.G. MAKE IT STOP!!!!

3. CAPTandJD

CAPTandJD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it seriously still raining and expected to continue through Monday? I sure hope not! I have been looking forward to my trip for MONTHS now. :(

4. haggis & neeps

haggis & neeps Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rain is one thing we are well used to in scotland and I wish to hell it would rain your way right now.
    we are having a volcanic storm with crushed rocks and pieces of glass dropping on us at the moment has been in fact for three days now since a volcano erupted in iceland all flights have been grounded since then but a few were allowed in to land from the carribean on friday but it must be hell on earth for the people in iceland as there are fears of a second volcano starting up and this one is still going with a vengeance.
    so I guess yes a little rain is welcome here.
    have a good day guys.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Mother Nature strikes, again, reminding us how fragile is our nature, by comparison.

I made a bad call on the weather, recently, but I haven't learned my lesson. I'm predicting clearing skies, today....

6. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rain and flooding is one of the first things one has to get used to in Cancun. OK--so it doesn't happen as often as in many places but when it does, it reminds us we are not immune.

If you have a car, you will learn what back streets you can take that will take you to where you want to go. The City has done things over the years to dig (and periodically clean) big deep holes in the ground designed so the water will go down instead of just staying on the streets and low lying areas. So now I am off to the ranch to see how my corn and other veggies are growing. Well, is my bet. Remember: rain is good and necessary to keep Paradise green!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
    For those non locals keeping an eye on this thread, the good news is it's warm and sunny once again with hardly any wind.

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OK, that does it for me, I'm out of the weather forecasting business: I just had to run home, to beat the rain....

9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess I'm going to have to move to Centro because down here in the ZH it is bucketing with a more than "refreshing" breeze coming in off the Caribbean :icon_biggrin:.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
    Hehe, yeah the weather did turn again yesterday afternoon although it was nice in the morning when I posted. Looks nice again today. Hoping it stays nice for tomorrow as we have an 80 person Isla Mujeres catamaran trip to facilitate.

Anyone else experience multiple power cuts yesterday between 5pm and 7pm? Our power went out maybe 5 times for between a minute and 15 minutes.

As an aside I mentioned how much fun it was ploughing through the 3 foot deep floods in the car. Well, it's not so much fun now - the force of the water on the front bumper caused some of the fixtures to break and after bouncing over some topes and potholes part of the wheel arch plastic moulding is now rubbing against the tyre :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice