When will the rain stop???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read that the Gulf and the Caribbean temps were very low this year due to the below average temps this past "winter". So unless they warm up at a rapid pace, we could be OK....I hope, cause today was a day from hell.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Let's hope it's a quiet hurricane season - especially early Sept. The idea of Jannet going into labour in the middle of a hurricane is not something we want to deal with.

I do think we're due one though. Been 5 yrs since Wilma, a few scares but nothing major since.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori - Hurricanes generally form in the Atlantic and build up power as they cross the Caribbean. Those are the ones we need to worry about. That's why we should care very much about higher than normal sea surface temps in the Atlantic. A storm that forms in the Caribbean or in the Gulf will usually be less strong when it hits something. At least that's my understanding.

Let's hope for Jannet's sake that the predictions are wrong.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The hurricane predictions are ALWAYS wrong!... and on the rare year that they are close, they come out of the woodwork to brag about how accurate they were.... I suppose if a hurricane does approach Steve can kidnap a midwife to stay with them just in case...

5. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG, we were in CUN yesterday and the employees at Home Depot were taking pictures of the rain! IT WAS INSANE! I know that Cancun floods but geez louise - that was incredible. At one point it was such a whiteout at HD that you could not see the parking lot. I was amazed and stood there slack jawed along with a number of other customers as we stood, carts abandoned, all eyes on the parking lot, in complete awe. Now THAT was rain.

Luckily we have a colectivo style of van and had no problem in the 1 meter (YES!) of water (at points). Although, jamie said it was the deepest out on the carretera (road to PdC) at one point.

6. kathy_caribe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And this is where I purposely stick my head in the sand and sing lalalalala. :)

7. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
  8. BoaterGirlKim

BoaterGirlKim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has the weather affected cell phone service? Trying to contact a friend with no luck (I know about the new cell phone law and don't think this is the issue). Thanks!

9. BoaterGirlKim

BoaterGirlKim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never mind.

10. kathy_caribe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG MAKE IT STOP!!! We're hundating here. Srsly!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice