When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JandR

JandR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More people killed with hammers than rifles, just because you don't like to hunt does not mean you should tell me I can't.
    FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles | Gun Rights | Fox Nation

How often are legally purchased and registered pistols used to commit crimes?

Just because some idiot doesnt have enough sense to unload his shotgun before he stores it in a case, keep the safety on, his finger off the trigger when he is getting it out of that case, unloaded when he hands it to someone else, work the action and ensure it is empty when accepting a pstol from somone else, etc etc.... doesn't mean you should ban all guns.

2. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am not saying make it easy. I am both side of this. But do NOT make the mistake of lumping any and every gunowner in with the FEW. If you are going to use the argument of ever increasing Mental disorders and the future of it then we should take a step back further.

Today is a day & age where if, you are different there has to be some medical reasoning for it, right? ADD, ADHD, OCD, MPD, PTSD.... what ever you may have(not trying to lump the ligitimates in with the rest here), it stems from ourt societies as whole. We find that we have over time given everyone the same rights and priveleges because "they deserve them". WRONG! what makes you deserve something? You have to earn it, or at least so how I was rasied.

Children in a newer generation have been told for so long that they are not loosers. There is no such thing as looser and everyone, no matter what place they come in should get a trophy. I wenty to the grocery store and a child was kicking the shit out of his moms legs while the dad just said..."no, no tommy, we don't do that you have to use your word" he was screaming because the mom said no to him getting gum. The dad finally caved and put the gum in the cart. What is going to happen to this kid when they get in the real world and get denied a raise at their job... They are gonna go to extremes and shhot up the place because they deserved the raise and didn't get it so why not take it out on the people that said no to them all along.

If I would have(and did) do that kind of thing, I had my ass handed to me on a level like no other. I am not condoning beating a child nor am I saying that is ok for one and not the other. The simple point I am making is that every society is forming a cense of entitlement and when someone doesn't get what they want they are diagnosed as they have something wrong as if they are medical incapable of living in this "perfect world".

The gun laws in most of the states that the shootings took place have some of the most comprehensive in the nation. If there is a will there is a way. I agree that there is no need to have 30 round clips but I can tell you beeing a non competitve shooter, that even with 3/10 round clips I can put 25 out of 30 rounds in a human silhoutte @ 25yds in 30 seconds.

If you are a law abiding citizen then the laws should not be of your worry when put in place. The problem that gun owner are having though is it makes it harder and harder for the honest individuals and nothing is truly being done to limit the access to the "black market" or private guns. How do you stop the unstoppable?

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Aww Waste I can't believe that only 26% of Americans have mental disorders. I think the number is twice that. After all Obama got 52% of the vote!

4. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0

I would have gone with a "I didn't know congress had that many seats" joke myself.

5. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Bingo.

I don't own any guns (yet)... But I think ignorance is the biggest danger we have, and intelligence is the best weapon.

6. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is such a controversial topic and we re-hash the same questions every few years. The non-Americans can never understand why guns are so ingrained in the culture and the American's believe it is their god given right to carry arms and protect themselves from others that carry guns. There is no simple answer that I can figure out, and almost anything said just inflames the rhetoric. In fact Jamie in this post used the same analogy that he used three years ago with the baby seal thing.

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/free-all/15575-gun-control.html

7. Retinyl

Retinyl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

8. sharken

sharken Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Come on people, has this topic really escalated to the point of.... "Snorkel Corking"? Can't we all just get along? Lol

9. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Amen! The strongest virtue of democracy is the ability for people to have differring opinions. :typing:

10. Sil-n-Lee

Sil-n-Lee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh great. Now we're going to ban corks.

Just joking. Lenni, Jodie, Lee and I are going on vacation together... if they'll come to TTR in August!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice