When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montreal

Montreal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a Canadian and respect the 2nd Amendment of the United states constitution , I believe that the people should have the right to protect and bear arms.

Being a theory conspiracist Its a never ending story, I can sit here and debate the pros vs cons ,My personall opp and views and what I really believe...Chances are youd think Im crazy...

Its became a Ignorant topic just like religion , Theres no actuall right or wrong just a diff of opp...

Ask an Atheist what came first the chicken or the egg and chances are theyll tell you youre Ignorant to ask a such a question!

Debates,Pros vs Cons are always Intresting but never end In a moderate argument ...There for Its a waiste of time!

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Sounds like you & I are going to have some amazing conversations about conspiracy theories, can't get enough of those (2 thumbs up), I can see it now a whole crew of people talking at 4am eating burgers while people on the first floor are in their rooms waiting for everyone to go to sleep lol

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have a hard time understanding why people cling so strongly to something written, what, 200+ years ago. In the UK we had the Magna Carta written in 1215, I think we gave it up in about 1500.

The 2nd amendment does refer to a 'well regulated militia'. I don't think the laws in the US at the moment can in any way be described as "well regulated" though.

Ironically, Switzerland is often quote by the pro gun lobby as an example where liberal gun laws work well. Too bad those people dont actually look at the details of the Swiss gun laws. Yes, there are lots of guns but the supply of ammunition is strictly controlled. Now, that's well regulated!

4. Montreal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Ive done a vast study on It for many yrs and I can back up my opp and views that most likely will have you thinking otherwise after were done shooting the shit!

Media , Music any thing thats kindly related to marketing Is a great way to control our minds and thoughts , The Germans were the first to use It and the Americans just took It to a new level.

Manchurian Candidate MK ULTRA (MIND KONTROL)

You tube any thing related from Jesse Ventura on It...

5. Montreal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Steve what source did you gather youre "The 2nd amendment does refer to a 'well regulated militia' ?

Last I checked using Wikipedia no where does It state "The 2nd amendment does refer to a 'well regulated militia'

Just for thought Wikipedia Isnt the best of sources to gather Info....And know where does It state 'well regulated militia'

6. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    I understand that you meant to bring up the topic of gun safety, but you included every Canadian in your argument in your opening sentence and that's what I took offence to.

And I didn't say that "80% of the people living in the US are crazy". Please don't put words in my mouth. What I said was that there was an investigation into the number oF psychopaths in the world and that 80% of them lived in the US.

:icon_smile:

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Don't think the 'well regulated' part is in dispute generally. I agree Wiki can be open to abuse but I do tend to use Wiki over Facebook.

From Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

8. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I have friends who own guns, some have quite a collection including
    semi-automatic firearms with high capacity magazines. Some are
    active, retired or ex military, some are active, retired or ex law
    enforcement of all levels. More then a few from some pretty highly
    trained and disciplined branches. Men and women. Then I can
    add the Firefighters & EMS, 1st responders, rescue teams, list goes on.
    Of these people I know, I can't think of one that would agree a gun ban would
    stop gun violence. I do have a few friends that support
    a gun ban AND they are still friends, but I don't agree with them. Right now
    we are seeing main stream media quickly broadcast any and all gun violence or
    gun accidents. The same way American media will attack drug war violence in
    Mexico and spilling across US borders when it is the flavor of the week. I read
    in US newspapers and watch US news about the horrors of Canadian health
    care, alcoholism, gang problems. I have no clue if any of it is even close to
    being factual. I'll see reports in the US of a legal gun owner protecting their
    family, sometimes after having to discharge the firearm. This though does not
    make it to main stream media. Most of the time the firearm was a hunting
    or target model. I doubt they owned one because they were afraid or
    'wanting to be in control', but I don't know that for a fact. I would guess
    most of them NEVER thought they would ever have to use a firearm in that
    way, but I don't know that for a fact either, but luckily they did have one.
    I am not afraid nor do I want to be in control.
    I'm not afraid of gun violence, I worry about drunk drivers, drivers who text,
    this list could go on and on and all on the list is not legal but are bigger
    problems. This is just my opinion. No offense meant to any person or
    nationality.

9. Montreal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Some contributors feel possessive about material they have contributed to Wikipedia. A few editors will even defend such material against others. It is quite reasonable to take an interest in an article on a topic you care about – perhaps you are an expert, or perhaps it's just your hobby. But if this watchfulness starts to become possessiveness, then you are overdoing it. Believing that an article has an owner of this sort is a common mistake people make on Wikipedia.
    Once you have posted it to Wikipedia, you cannot stop anyone from editing text you have written, as each edit page clearly states:
    Work submitted to Wikipedia can be edited, used, and redistributed—by anyone...

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    True, Wiki is open to abuse. But isn't that the same for any time words are typed, written or spoken? The author can always put a spin on things.

One thing's for sure, I'd rather take Wiki over the crap we all see posted on Facebook as facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice