When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Have you seen the Canadian team ? ,,, Very appealing

2. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    While I have some very strong opinions on this subject, I am not going to debate anything on this site other that things that involve alcohol, beautiful women or sex. I understand that this is in the Free For All forum but I feel that the title, and overall atmosphere, of the thread is divisive and derogatory to Americans. And that is sad because I have so many Canadian friends, both from CCC and prior to ever hearing of TTR. I used to live 60 miles from eastern BC. To hear so many Canadians expressing what seems like a contempt for aspects of the very foundation of our country makes me defensive and a bit nauseous. I would never presume to express such opinions to my Canadian friends, if I even harbored them, which I don't. On the flip side, many of the responses from Americans have been rather ugly as well and only serve to perpetuate the image of Americans that much of the world does not appreciate. CCC is supposed to a place for people of a common, and unique, mindset come together to form a tight knit community, not to create rifts where they don't belong. Please consider how a thoughtless, emotionally driven comment can impact someone that you would otherwise consider a friend.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

You see thats my point,,we ,,,I ,, ( I don't want to include every one ,lol ) don't see it as a'' foundation ''issue .

We just love our American friends and wish they would stop shooting each other.

Please excuse ''I '' for caring .

4. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I've been following this thread from the beginning... it laid dormant for sometime.. but honestly I feel this thread has been on the most part respectful on both sides. My feeling is if you don't like a thread then don't read it, I've come across many threads that I don't even look at .. in my opinion they are stupid, so if you don't enjoy or feel you can learn something here move on... I'm glad there is a thread like this, though people may not agree with each other and yes sometimes can get a bit ugly but passion is passion. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to sit and have a few drinks with each other..someplace else..Cheers and carry on...LOL

5. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    You and I are on opposite sides when it comes to this issue, however Donald I think you said this very well... you kinda surprised me !! LOL :icon_biggrin:

6. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    A magazine headquarters in Paris was attacked and 11 people were shot and killed. And the murderers got away. This just happened today. If only they had gun control laws this wouldn't have happened.
    Oh yeah. France has very strict gun control laws. How can this be? I wonder why nobody stopped them before they got away?
    I was so sure this kind of thing only happened in America. They must have bought the guns in America. Its against the law to by them in Paris.

7. r&a 1964

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    July 22 2011 Norway A gunman blew up a government building in Oslo and then opened fire at a youth summer camp of Norway's ruling political party on the island of Utoeya killing 77 people.
    I am pretty sure Oslo is in the US not Norway.

8. r&a 1964

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    Jun 2 2010 Britain A gunman opened fire in people in towns across the rural county of Cumbria. Twelve people were killed and 11 wounded. The gunman the killed himself.
    This happened in Britain? No way.

9. r&a 1964

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    April 26 2002 Germany In Erfurt East Germany, a 19 year old gunman opened fire at a school, killing 12 teachers, a secretary, two students and a policeman before killing himself.
    Germany? Come on its not even close to the US this is not possible.

10. r&a 1964

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    December 1989 Canada A 25 year old war movie fan with a grudge against women shot dead 14 young women at the University of Montreal, then killed himself.
    At least this one makes sense. He must have been watching American war movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice