When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

OMG,, when I posted that , I had a premonition you would respond.lol.

I havn't seen you on the Ap-thread yet , are you guys almost ready to book ?

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    you know it we'll be there but want to check out Panama also.. lol

3. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

I have heard good things about Panama

4. El Guero

El Guero Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Nobody's debating anything with you. We have our rights and you have the right to wish you had some too. Good luck.

5. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Some one being shot is not a '' Pathectic Joke'' , You should chose your words and sarcasm better when talking about an incident where someone was cowardly shot dead in the back.
    Your comments make me want to throw up.

yes it did happen in Canada, but at a rate of .51 per 100,000 (homicide shootings) to 4.7 for the USA.,,,I feel a lot safer hear hear.

So maybe we are doing something right.

And yes the shooter did kill a person, but had this been a country with lieniate gun control he probably would have had a semi/or full automatic assault rifle and shot a lot more people , so yes our gun control did work for us.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  7. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hmmm I was invited to join in on this one.

I've heard others say that Canadians have no right to express opinions about America or American domestic policy. That's hardly fair when you consider the amount of involvement America has in foreign nations and the opinions many Americans express about them. America is not immune to others having opinions. Most of my American friends agree, once they think about it.

Canadians don't, for the most part, understand why Americans feel so passionately about their guns. And there are a variety of reasons why they do.

We have pretty much the same basic rights in Canada, as citizens, as Americans. We own, per capita, nearly as many rifles for hunting as Americans. We have stricter rules on the storage and transport. We don't want "The right to bear arms". At least handguns anyway. We feel that too many needless deaths and injuries arise from their ready availability. We believe in the rule of law and not vigilantism. We are horrified at the thought that anyone could justify taking a life to defend property.

We wish our American friends felt as safe in their country as we feel in ours.

But.... you have that right. Some 34% of American household report, through polls, owning at least one firearm. With the millions of firearms already out there I don't see how a ban on them could possibly take place. And I think the majority of Americans will defend the 2nd Amendment anyway, even if they don't own guns.

My suggestion is that when you hear Canadian's criticizing the 2nd Amendment, you try to realize that it is done out of concern for you and your families. Not just from violent crime but from accidents that happen all to frequently. And don't forget that we get all your TV news up here so having opinions is inevitable.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas on both sides of our border. :)

Bruce

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    And, if I recall correctly. The shooter in the Canadian Parliament was stopped by a guy who had a right to carry a gun.

9. JessandRob

JessandRob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow...someone actually said this

10. hcdry

hcdry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have been around guns since I was in grade school and everyone I knew growing up had them. I and a large majority of my friends and their kids own and use them on a regular basis for hunting, target shooting, as well as carrying for personal protection. I in my life have known hundred of people who own or have had access to guns and yet to know anyone of them who have on purpose or accidentally shot anyone. I live in a fairly safe area, but I know there is crime around and have had homes and vehicles broken into by someone who felt they were more entitled to my stuff than myself and my family. From video footage I was less than 1 minute from walking up on the guys robbing my vehicle, I was carrying at the time and had my 4 year old son with me at the time. If he had still been there my first choice would not have been to just start shooting over stuff, but knowing I had it if my son's or my life was threatened is priceless to me. More laws about guns and magazine so,e will make no difference. Criminals do care about laws. Criminals will get guns and do what they want if there is no or minimal downside for them. Our justice system and media are the issues. The incentives for staying out of jail aren't as much of a deterrent as it needs to be and the gang drive-bys, deals gone bad, retaliation shootings that make up a majority of the gun related deaths don't sell ad space like a school shooting and Piers Morgan talking about it do. The largest mass shootings over the past 65 years had 4 times less deaths than California had in 2011...where is the coverage of that by or 1.5 times less than Chicago in 2012 the POTUS's hometown why are they not like the son he never had. Where is Sharptons outrage over that where is the special committees to fix it it doesn't sell ad space on CNN or NBC...make prison a place people don't want to go...not more like a job transfer with early release..5 years is 5 years, not 6 months and released for good behavior. Life is life your life not me supporting you for the rest of your life. No need for TV's and workout facilities... They should be too tired from working on the chain gangs to need those things. I know when I worked my ass off when I was growing up on a farm, I was way too tired to get into any trouble. This as created too many career offenders.

Guns don't kill, people do. The laws are there, punish the ones who can't be trusted the follow the rules, not those of us that do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice