When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    Well not over an open flame but in the sun and between some hot thighs!:aktion031:

2. lnjnnc

lnjnnc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can't remember the last time I worried about laws in another country. If I'm visiting, I'll abide by their laws while I'm there. Otherwise, I leave such to the Romans (when in Rome.............).

I'm permitted (trained and been through a background check) to carry. And, I do (every day). I look at it like this.........I'd rather have it and not need it....than to need it and not have it.

I couldn't imagine the feeling of helplessness ....if I ever needed a gun and didn't have one. I feel like I owe it to my wife to always be ready to protect her. It's the main reason I carry.

3. El Guero

El Guero Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Certainly, everyone has the right to their own opinion. You should also have the smarts to know which ones might be best kept to yourself - especially when you feel the need to criticize someone else's society and customs.

Canadians are our allies and generally liked by Americans but I can tell you sincerely that most of us do not give a damn what you or any other country thinks of our customs or Constitutional rights.

You want to lay out some opinions - there's one.

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

living in a bubble ?

5. sexyred

sexyred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +400 / 0
    What a pathetic joke. It's a good thing crime and shootings (in government buildings) doesn't happen in Canada. Oh wait, it does. Just ask them nicely to please put the gun down, it's not right to have one. What a joke.

6. Justrob

Justrob Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0
    I know Im going to sound like an asshole here but...

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!! I find it almost humerus when someone from another country feels the need to question my constitutional rights.

As a Texan I grew up with guns in the house. As an adult I own a few. A few being around 20. Im also licensed to carry concealed. I have a .40 in the night stand, a 9mm in my truck console and I daily carry a .45.
    Lets start with the Constitution that clearly states it is my right as a citizen. Then we can move on to state laws which allow long guns to be carried. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear.
    Now living in Houston we hear all to often about a concealed carry weapon being used to save life and property. We also hear of people shooting a criminal breaking into their houses. Does this deter criminals from taking that risk? It sure doesnt seem to. The ones who gets shot in the act wont do it again. Lives will be taken, lost, and or saved. It really just depends on which side of the law you are on.
    Gun laws dont save lives. Look to Chicago for proof of this. The gun violence is out of control for sure there. Its also worth noting that suicide by gun is also grouped into the gun violence stats. This shouldnt be the case buy anti gun folks make sure it stays this way.
    Everyone I know owns at least one gun and many are CHL holders. Nobody I know has shot anyone. Everyone I know feels safer knowing if some hood rat comes breaking in they arent going to become victims. People say its fear that makes us feel the need to own guns. I say it's fear that makes those people question my rights. They are scared of gun violence. Fact is that is rare that some crazy bastard goes on a shooting spree. Fact is they broke every law in the book when doing so. The laws didnt save a single person did they? Fact is a person with a gun is what will save a life in this situation. Can you take all of the guns away? Hell no, every aspect of taking away guns violates our rights.
    Sorry if I come off as rude but this subject is very important to me as my rights are important to me. Im a firm believer in my rights to own and carry guns, a licensed CHL holder, and a member of the NRA. I only vote Republican. Now Ron Paul was more my type but you know that went.

I also feel its important to mention my kids have grown up with guns. My girls have been shooting rifles for a while now. My son is still too young IMO. My kids know there are loaded weapons in the house. I feel they could protect themselves if needed. They also have no curiosity driving them to handle these weapons in our absence. Its lack of education and curiosity that gets kids killed by playing when gun when parents aren't home.

7. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    We've stopped using Facebook because it is all about people stating their opinion and bullying anyone who disagrees with them. Ccc is a great escape from reality. Let's debate important issues, such as "should topless be a requirement instead of an option" or "What's better, circumcised or uncircumcised?"

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  8. westhamcpl

westhamcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Love it!
    Leave politics at the departure gate and enjoy the short time we have at TTR cos boy does it fly by.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    haha ,, debating with a gun lover is just as bad as debating with a smoker,,

10. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice