What's your favorite tequila?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jkl2000, Mar 2, 2006.

1. jkl2000

jkl2000 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Following my "where's the best place to buy tequila?" question, and far more important, what's your favorite kind of tequila?

I'm going to be sure to hit up La Destilleria early on to try a few different types (ages) of tequila. I've actually only tried a few different tequilas recently, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm going to check out the Cabo Wabo which someone suggested in the other thread, but what are some other favorites? I'd be interested to know if you prefer the blanco, reposado, or anejo, and your favorite brand(s). Thanks!

2. Aaronm22

Aaronm22 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Corralejo Reposado. Its in the tall blue bottle. Either that or Sauza Hornitos (green cap).

I am drinking a bottle of anejo tequila called 1921 at home right now that is fantastic. Probably hard to find in Cancun and not cheap.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don Julio!!!! Kind of mid priced but delish. Not sure if you will find Cabo Wabo here or not (Cabo for Cabo San Lucas), but worth a look I guess.

Other popular tequilas are Hornitos, El Jimador (on the cheaper end), Patron or Herradura. Doing the tasting at La Destilleria is a great idea, you'll learn a lot! Happy hunting...

4. Aaronm22

Aaronm22 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Patron is great. I don't think you can buy Patron in Mexico. Correct me if I am wrong. I heard that Patron is distilled for export only.

5. Tizzod

Tizzod Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im not sure if it's a brand but Tarantula is my favorite, gotta love the tequila that bites back :wow:

6. Aaronm22

Aaronm22 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had that. A little fruity for my taste. It technically and I suppose legally isn't "real" tequila. It is a citrus tequila liqueur made with citrus juices, sugar, and tequila. Made in Italy of all places. Makes kick butt margaritas.

7. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yes tarantula tequila, best going down the ice luge, and silver patron is good and not so much a tequila but a coffe liquer tequila cafe patron veryy good

8. Bellasogno

Bellasogno Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Finally, a subject I can talk about

With all due respect... Cabo Wabo??? Like saying your favorite restaraunt isn't in Cancun beacuse they haven't built a Chi Chis yet....:cry: Sorry, my opinion only.

OK. Good tequilas. Again, personal preference, so a trip to La distilleria is a GREAT idea. Eat something before you arrive, so you can do a fair comparison of tequilas after you discover one you like. I would highly recommend you look up Sr. Ricardo Cisneros, the tequila God, who works eves at La Distillerial or Hacienda Sisal (elsewhere?). He is arguably the most knowledgable person about tequila in the Quintana Roo.

OK, good tequilas: My favs: El Tesoro De Don Felipe (anejo or reposado), Don Julio, (can't get Patron in Cancun, I don't think), Centinela, others. Personally, I prefer the anejos, but can be easily coaxed into sipping a good repasado or blanco.

Enjoy the finest liquor on the face of the planet!!! :D :D :D

9. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my favourite kind is the kind that gets me loaded :lol:

I'm a lightweight, I don't really take the time to appreciate the tequila, it's down the hatch for me.

10. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tequila Rose, but you can't get it in Mexico. Other than that, I really really really hate tequila.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice