What's up with the reviews on TA regarding staff changes at GP?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Will709, May 23, 2015.

1. Will709

Will709 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Interesting response you received, Stang. If you go to TripAdvisor Q&A someone asks this exact question. Hector responded that you can be topless on the beach, but it is not permitted by the pool.
    I just went back and read it again to make sure. Check it out and see if you have the same impression. 8th question down on the TA site.
    I know the hotel responses may be delayed somewhat from when questions are submitted, so lets hope the changes we have been reading about have been reversed.
    My wife and I love this place AS IS. Not to say changes aren't needed, but from what I have been reading, the changes seem to be affecting the things that attract folks to this facility. Address the short beds and A/C issues. WiFi also needs to be addressed. I'll keep reading the posts to track progress. We are going to find out the first week of October.

2. marty&nikki

marty&nikki Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    We have been to Temptations both Cancun and Cabo (when it was still around ) several times. We were looking forward to GP based on the reviews by repeat visitors.

I emailed the resort directly and here is the response that I received a few days ago:

"This Maru from Golden Parnassus, thank you for your email and for your preference to us, we do allow topless (just topless) in our pool area and if you want also at the beach but not to go inside the lobby or our snack or bars by the pool and beach."

That is a cut and paste of the original email. There may or may not be an extra "or" in the last sentence (snack "or" bars).
    I am sure all of this subject to change before our trip in November.

3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4

I sent my question after I read what Hector said on trip advisor, so their response to me is good.

From the reports I've got, it sounds like it's pretty much back to the normal atmosphere. I was definetly glad to hear they were still allowing the topless.

4. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any place is what you make of it..They have great guys at the bars. Jose and Moises were taking care of everyone. We never closed down the bar but talked to lots who did..they have had a great time. Management has given the employees an opportunity to learn different things in the hotel and service industry. Several have taken advantage of that opportunity. That's all I am going to say about that..as for any hot activity in the pool's "hot"tub" etc.haven't seen any..but then we weren't looking for it either..we were there to just reconnect with each other and I think we achieved that purpose..just a quick note though..we both got some kind of intestinal bug the last 2 days of our trip..it hit me pretty hard yesterday..We are flying back to the states tommorrow and will provide a more detailed trip report when we get back

5. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sucks being sick there on vacation. Hopefully it's not bad enough to keep you in the room and make you miss out on any thing.

6. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just heard from Denise that she is no longer going to be working the pool area, she is moving to the front desk and night time shows only.

7. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Hopefully, all of the Changes of the long time outstanding employees are at the their request

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    She was very excited about the change, according to her Facebook page. She will be at the front desk, and doing shows.

9. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Great to hear, thank you

10. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that's what she told us when we were there..it will allow her to have some kind of social life outside of the resort. Which is great for her. She is a delight!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice