What type of Premier contract do you own?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 12531, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    As more and more members are being invited to renegotiate their contracts in light of the RCI points restriction the subject of what is being offered keeps coming up.
    It seems everyone has different contracts and therefore have different renegotiation offers. Of course premier knows what everyone has but it would be helpful to those renegotiating, as well as, new folks being solicited for new contracts to know what is out there.
    It would level the playing field. Knowledge is power in negotiation.
    I am proposing members answer the following questions.
    (Steve maybe this could be made a sticky or anonymous poll)

Date of contract
    Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between.
    Amount of RCI points per contract or year
    Amount of bonus weeks
    Amount of AI included weeks
    Do you have annual Maintenance fee
    Any other included perks
    Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use?
    (If you are willing to share)
    Price range of contract $1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____
    $20-30K___ $30-40K _____
    If you renegotiated, was addl. money required (other than recording fees)
    $1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____
    Overall have you been satisfied with your contract
    Any other info you would care to share

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Date of contract : October 2006 - 5 yr contract

Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between. No

Amount of RCI points per contract or year 125nights/354,000

Amount of bonus weeks 5

Amount of AI included weeks 0

Do you have annual Maintenance fee No

Any other included perks None

Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use? limited number so never tried

Price range of contract $1-5K__X__ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____
    $20-30K___ $30-40K _____

Overall have you been satisfied with your contract Until the point cap was put on by RCI felt they stood by pretty much everything…although we have not had a room in Section D, we have had Ocean Front suites.

Any other info you would care to share Communication with Premier can be difficult. We have lost good flights due to a delay in getting points transferred….our upcoming trip we did not even bother with the cap and new system of making reservations. We have used about 2/3rds of our points in just 2 years and figure we have time to use the remaining points. Our original intent was to purchase the small contract and upgrade in a couple of years - we will not be upgrading and after the contract expires we will go back to non-premier status.

3. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Date of contract June 2006
    Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between. We tried but to no avail
    Amount of RCI points per contract or year 1,065,000 , 240,000 per yr
    Amount of bonus weeks 3 weeks
    Amount of AI included weeks 0
    Do you have annual Maintenance fee $499
    Any other included perks none
    Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use? no we haven't tried
    Price range of contract $1-5K____ $5-10K_$10__ $10-20K____
    $20-30K___ $30-40K _____
    If you renegotiated, was addl. money required (other than recording fees) We didn't feel that giving them $4000 for 4 wks. over 25 yrs worth it$1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____
    Overall have you been satisfied with your contract not in the least too hard to use , contract changed , premier not helpful , PUBLIC RELATIONS A JOKE

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Would prefer not to make it a a sticky as it's only a limited number of forum users who this affects - most of whom are in close contact anyway. Please feel free to keep bumping the thread though if it drops away.

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Date of contract 2006
    Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between. no
    Amount of RCI points per contract or year, 250 anytime nights
    Amount of bonus weeks, two per year for 25 years
    Amount of AI included weeks, zero AI included, we pay full AI
    Do you have annual Maintenance fee, no
    Any other included perks, yacht
    Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use?, yes
    Price range of contract $1-5K____ $5-10K__X___ $10-20K____
    $20-30K___ $30-40K _____
    If you renegotiated, was addl. money required (other than recording fees)
    $1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____, have not renegotiated, and have no plans to do so until we use all of our anytime days
    Overall have you been satisfied with your contract, reasonably satisfied, considering I had done my research and did not believe hardly any of the BS the sales staff was saying.
    Any other info you would care to share, I would have negotiated harder and held out for more nights or for a guaranteed AI.

6. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Date of contract 10/07
    Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between. no
    Amount of RCI points per contract or year, 5.6 million
    Amount of bonus weeks, 6 per year for 25 years
    Amount of AI included weeks, zero AI included, Maintenance fee applied as credit toward AI fee
    Do you have annual Maintenance fee, 499/yr
    Any other included perks, yacht
    Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use?, NO rental agency for TTR was a bust Paid 299 for that. Renting is difficult as members AI fees are equal to or more than other vendors
    Price range of contract $1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____
    $20-30K__x_ $30-40K _____
    If you renegotiated, was addl. money required (other than recording fees) $1-5K____ $5-10K_____ $10-20K____, Have not renegotiated, planning on visiting shortly will see what they have to offer.
    Overall have you been satisfied with your contract, NO. It has been useless so far, constant source of aggravation and more work than a vacation EVER should be. What I bought it for does not work (using points through RCI partners to travel in my retirement) Any other info you would care to share, I already own points in RCI through another property and have always been able to make RCI work for me.
    The RCI/Premier program as been a nightmare and very costly. BIG mistake on my part. I would love to hear from someone who HAS renegotiated as they claim 40% have and how they faired!

7. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Temptation contact

Date of contract : Sept. 2006
    Did you renegotiate a new contract (if so please give same info for both with a / between: They want more money, so we said "NO"
    Amount of RCI points per contract or year: No fix amount xfer, per request for point transfer only, own 6 million points in 25 yrs.
    Amount of bonus weeks: 6 weeks
    Amount of AI included weeks zero, we pay full AI, our AI costs more than non-members. What's with that??
    Do you have annual Maintenance fee: $499 (prepaid yearly AI fee)
    Any other included perks: can rent yatch for $350, and last May we see some executive beach beds, servers for members on the beach, and thicker beach towels.
    Have you been successful at utilizing your unused weeks by renting or family/friend use? yes, friends use.
    Price range of contract $1-5K____ $5-10K_$10__ $10-20K____
    $20-30K___ $30-40K _____
    If you renegotiated, was addl. money required (other than recording fees): Yes, but we didn't feel that we can trust them, and giving them $12,000 for 10 AI wks. over 25 yrs worth it, give up the 6 Million points for 60K a year for 25 years in return.
    Overall have you been satisfied with your contract: over all service is OK, Premier not helpful, difficult to communicate with. have used 260,000 points for two two round trip flights to Cancun so far. not happy with RCI 60K point cap. RCI is an american copany, it is uncontitutional to restrict to only one sigle group of member or person. PUBLIC RELATIONS A JOKE.

8. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have a twenty five year which will last seven.as a single person i got a great deal with the resort.rci hasn't done anything for me.when it's time to renew i will deal with TTR and forget anything that has to do with rci.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice