what to expect

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by J&M, Feb 7, 2009.

1. J&M

J&M Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is the first time for me and my husband at temptations we are just wondering what to expect is this a swingers resort? we are wondering sice booking if we choose the right place to stay. we were just looking to have fun without kids not into swinging. so if there is anyone out there that could help us figure out if this olace is right for us we would really be thankful for any info. we are in our early 40's thanks for any help.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome to the forum!

J&M, I feel your question will be answered more completely (and commented upon more fervently, perhaps :lol: ) if I moved this over to the Temptations Resorts Cancun forum. Allow me...

Generally speaking, the TTR is THE more sexually-charged and fun resort than all others in the Hotel Zone. I won't speak to the Desire resort and maybe others further south in the Mayan Riviera. Swingers are present at TTR as in any location in Cancun, just not necessarily blatant about the lifestyle. Ultimately, if you happen to experience some form of solicitation and you are not interested just say "no".

3. Gus&Mel

Gus&Mel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    J&M,
    We just returned from TTR and it was a blast! Im sure there are swingers there but they are not inyour face about it! If you like to have fun and hang out with good people then you have made an excellent choice and you will be VERY happy! We do reccomend that you get to know some people from the forum that are going to be there the same time as you. It makes a huge difference in the time you have if you like meeting people, not that you couldnt on your own but we hung out with close to 30 people we met on this forum for the entire week and had a blast! It is as fun as you make it! If you would like any more specific answers feel free to contact us, but I would tell you to post your dates of stay and see who else id going to be there when you are it is a GREAT ice breaker! I posted a thread for someone to please get the fat bald guy with okeleys a beer and had several beers handed to me the forst day we arrived,,,,LOL so it is that kind of thing that makes it easier to meet people! ANyway have fun and know you made a good choice of resorts to stay at, also try to get steves booze cruise to happen it is a really good time and something you dont want to miss!

4. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    We had similar concerns before our 1st trip. You did not make a mistake, you will have a blast. There are certainly some swingers there, but they are discrete and seem to pick up on whom is interested and who is not.

If you want to have a fun, yet somewhat sexually charged vacation, you can't pick a better spot in Cancun.

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    t and i were somewhat nervous our first trip as well as we have never played on the "swing" set.....

t and i are "swayers" (fun loving, affectionate, very happily married, couples who enjoy hanging out with other fun loving drama free people)

we were somewhat apprehensive that the swinger influence would be more in your face than it was - truth of the matter - its there if you want to go down that road - or you can put yourself in a position that you would never even know about it

t and i use to be swingerphobic and now we consider ourselves fortunate to have several of these freaks :wink: as close friends......i just wish they would quit drooling over tonya :roll:

sorry i lost my train of thought......

bottom line

if you are just looking to as you say "have fun without the kids" let me be the first of many to assure you - you have made the right selection and you will be planning your next trip to temptations before you start packing to depart from your first

we wish you the best

rob and t

6. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    J&M,
    check out my review on Trip Advisor in you'd like.

We had a great time, enjoyed the resort, ate GREAT food at the a'la cartes, met some super people. I just wish we could have spent some more time with some folks.

As far as swingers go, I'm sure they're there but we didn't notice them if they are.

Go have fun!

7. calowie

calowie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All sorts of people go to TRS. We are swayers as defined by Rob and T. The last time we were there we spent time with a couple we met- sailed, volleyball, etc. They invited us for some ‘evening activities’ which we declined. We still spent the rest of the time with them because they were so much fun. Another couple we met on Steve’s booze cruise indicated they looked for other swingers on their trips, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, but that they always enjoyed the vacations. Swayers and swingers go to TRS.

Most of us who return to BBG/TRS do so because we want to be silly and remove ourselves from our daily routines, and spend time with like-minded vacationers. We do not go there for the beach, not for the boating, although we spend 3 hours/day on the catamaran or windsurfers, we do not go for the special quality of the food or drinks. We go for the atmosphere, the friends we have made, the ability to take our tops off, be irreverent, and not have to look around to see if we have offended some child. We want to enjoy watching someone (sometimes ourselves) make a fool of themselves in the games, get up to our silly antics, and absolutely politically incorrect behavior! Try visiting when a group is going, link with them, participate, and you just might become addicted.

8. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    during our last trip to TTR, Esther and I got the feeling we were being scoped out by one couple, but no one made a move.

That's the extent of our swinging experience at TTR. I doubt if you'll ever have a problem there.

9. trevillyan

trevillyan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been several times and just as everyone else has said no issues with "swingers." We go because we have good time and if we were approached would not feel uncomfortable in telling someone we aren't interested and then having a drink with them. People are just very laid back and open, no worries!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice