What To Do When The Music Sucks At Bash??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by T&D PA, Apr 6, 2023.

1. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +703 / 0
    Yes the music is hard to pick. That’s why the DJ needs to read the crowd. Wife and I go dancing often and every DJ can see when the floor is full verses everyone leaving. Each night will be different at TTR bc people are coming and going on a daily basis so what works one night might not work the next. Either way he’s not going to make everyone happy. I agree with the socializing but geez it’s hard to carry on a convo if you are anywhere near the party. Lol. We actually enjoy the music much more at Desire and you can actually talk on the dance floor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  2. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    I agree 100%. Every night will be different. Just gauge the vibe off of the majority and the ones that are dancing. It almost seems like the DJ just has a premade track he plays. There is no room to read the crowd because he just hits play and lets it go.

The music at Desire at night is so much better. I wish their DJ could teach TTR DJs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. Tony/Carleen

Tony/Carleen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +514 / 0
    You are 100% right !!!!

4. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 2
    I’ve always been confused by these arguments. At home, my wife and I listen almost exclusively to country music. In my car I’d rather listen to engine noise than classic rock, new rock, or any music more than a year old. When we’re on vacation, we do different things, eat different food, drink different drinks and expect to be listening to different music. We love the entire experience and can wait until we’re back at home to hear our own playlists. We don’t expect everyone else at the resort to like country music like we do…why do some believe there is such a thing as good or bad music, and a DJ should be playing a particular person’s favorite genre?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    For me, I am not asking anyone to cater to me specifically. I am not asking for certain songs. I am just asking to have more variety and for the DJ to read the crowd. If you play one type of song and it gets a bunch of people on the dance floor, that is an indication the crowd at that time is a fan of that type of music. I would prefer that when that happens, the DJ will lean heavier on that type of music the rest of the night. Many nights I have witnessed the dance floor completely empty and the DJ just keeps rolling out the same latin techno music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 0
    I had a stand off with the DJ last time I was there, he continually cleared the floor every time people got dancing, I had a go at him, he chased me back to the bar and we had a face off, security got involved and he went back to his "Box".... enough said not an experience you want to happen

7. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +689 / 1
    I read the forums on Cancuncare and it gets me wondering if the complaints, comments and observations are justified or accurate. Then I make a mental note and pay extra attention to that one thing the next time I am there. When I return in November I think I will take notice of how many people actually dance to what types of music. It might be interesting for a few nights at Bash.

8. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,959 / 5
    There has to be a way to get the message across. We brought it up to our butlers and a few of the playmakers but never seemed to matter. It literally seems like some nights they try to clear the floor? Two good songs, maybe three and then something that empties it.

9. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    I've asked to make a request before and the DJ looked so annoyed by me. He never played it... I think the consensus here is for the DJ to keep playing whatever type of music that is getting people on the dance floor. I'm not sure why that is so hard?!?!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 0
    It bugs me. The music at night has always been a mixed bag, but it's not even tolerable last few years. I sucked it up before, you're with friends and drinking, you're never gonna please everyone etc. But last 2 trips it's been so bad at night. 90% urban latin, a bit of hip hop and that's it (at Bash anyway). I can't drink through it, it just drags my mood down so much. My solution is now sticking it out for an hour and then heading to bed. Party has switched to daytime for me. The music has more variety at the pool, but it would be great if they'd play more than 30 seconds of any one song. For Bash, I'll stick around for the show stuff after dinner, but rare you'll see me up later than 12am these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice