what numbers to dial to call out on cell phone

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cancunroberto, Nov 15, 2007.

1. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my nextel works great!!!!!walkie talkie also. call come in but when i try to call out a sanish persons says to do something.i think theres numbers i need can anyone lease help?? we are here for the winter in cancun plaza

2. msyfun

msyfun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try dialing 011 (international) than the area code and than the number

3. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your cell is from outside Mexico dial 001 then area code and number (if to the US of A or Canada

This is because it is on roaming Mexico cell service and so as for now consider it as a local phone.)

To make calls to local numbers just dial the 7 numbers. Dialing a Cancun cell phone dial the 10 digit number (998 + number).

Cheers.,

Vic
    --

4. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thankyou

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

5. dynamus

dynamus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cell Phone

Hi There: If you are calling a local cell phone you first have to dial 044 + the local area code. If you are calling long distance dial 045 + the area code of the city you are calling.

For long distace calls to a home or office phone within Mexico dial 01 + the area code of the city you are calling.

Noe in Cancun

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. If your Nextel has a US number, you are roaming and have to dial 998 to reach any local cell phone or just the 7 digit number to reach a local land line. But if you are roaming watch out for roaming fees. I don't know how much Nextel's are.

2. To call the US from Mexico you have to dial 001, not 011, then area code and number.

3. Vic is right with what he posted.

4. If your Nextel has a local number you should just have to dial the 7 digit number if calling a local land line OR 998 and then the 7 digit number if calling a local cell.

5. You don't have to dial 044 or 045 UNLESS you are calling TO a cell phone FROM a land line. Incoming local calls FROM A LAND LINE to cell phones are free to the the person receiving the call but long distance to the person making it.

6. Incoming cell to cell calls are free to the person receving the call but not to the person making it. Many people will call and let it ring once and hang up, thinking you will call back because you missed a call. This is a local stunt to avoid paying for a call that the other person initiates. I don't play that game. If you want to call my cell, have at it and pay for the call. Don't hang up before any human can answer and expect me to call back. So there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice