What made you all move

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Nerd Dawg, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering what made some of you want to move to cancun?

or were you born there?

was it difficult when you moved?

i do not know a lot of the older people on this forum and the ones that actually live there so just wondering... lal lalala

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    all right all you older peeps. Spill it! :lol:

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm old. So I'll answer.

I wanted to do something different from the regular straight line of a life that I had.

I was not born here.

Yes it was. Looking back, even though I would say I had it a lot easier than others, it was difficult yes!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm older than Liz so I guess I have to answer.

I moved here by accident, it wasn't planned. I came for a month vacation (in Cozumel, not Cancun), met a man on the beach and missed my flight back. Didn't get back to Canada for another year and by that time I was pregnant and here for good.

It wasn't hard moving here or staying here, though there are certainly bad days and trials to go through to stay (read any immigration posts or my recent "oh what fun" thread and you'll get an idea).

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Well Im even older than the two previous postees.
    I moved from the Uk as my husband was offered a job here.He used to live here and had left his heart in Mexico.I had left mine in Greece years previously.
    Difficult-? well challenging at times.

TRacey
    x

6. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just didn't want to sit on my front porch when I am 70 saying "I wish I had done that"......now I can say I did it!!!! And its great

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why?

Well...I could list a whole number of things that justified my move, but in reality it was more of an impulse thing following my being laid off from work, and also being in a position where I could go without working for some time.

I know a lot of people have put lots of planning into their move, and in retrospect I would have done several things before I came had I known. (namely, getting my FM3 in the States, and taking a few Spanish courses) But in my case, the time between deciding I was going to Mexico and being in Cancun was less than 3 days. Originally, I was planning a trip all through Latin America, ending up in Brazil...... I made it as far as Cancun. :roll:

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am I old? mm I feel it this morning so I'll answer too.
    I like most people came on holiday and loved Cancun, came back for a year, went back to UK for a year and then moved back here again - that was about 6 years ago. It was difficult as first of course but well worth it. Jobs, nice apartments etc come with more luck than anything I believe. It's a question with sticking with the s*** times and enjoying the good things and everything falls into place.

9. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not old so I am not replying :cool:

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice