What is with all of the getting bumped @GP talk?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by SNHcouple, Feb 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Wow looks like every other trip report on Expedia tells of getting sent to Gran Parnassus to be with (yuck) the familes - are they always over-booking? Stories overplayed?

we are making plans to go last week of July mixed with couple days at TTR though have zero interest if risk is high.
    Thanks in advance

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    July will not a problem. We have been in the high months (Feb/March) and never been bumped. But we were lucky.

The resort is great, just can be bit tame. The best service, bartenders and food. Don't sweat it have fun.

We have been there through wild crowds and tame. It is what you make of it.

3. robndiane

robndiane Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    This is pure guesswork on my part, but as bad as it seems (and as terrible a business practice as it is), I'd wager that the bumping affects about 15% of people during the peak months of Feb and March. We hear from these people, because they're the ones who are pissed off.

Who knows, I could be wrong. But I promise that if I get bumped, I'll make sure to make a record of it on every single travel site I can find.

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I guess TTR does it too, but you wouldn't hear as many complaints because people choose to go, and it's to a place they want to go. With the Golden you are getting bumped to a place with kids, when you planned on an adult vacation. It seems like it is only during a couple of months, and we would never go at that time, so it's not something we worry about.

5. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You shouldn't have a problem in July. We went last year and the resort was not even close to full occupancy. Most of the bumping is in February and April during high season which is why you are reading a lot about it right now on reviews. The people that get bumped are normally upset and can't wait to make it known to everyone on reviews. I don't blame them though.... I would probably do the same thing ;) You will love the Golden!

6. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    As I mentioned on another thread, my travel rep suggested the GP. We looked at the reviews on tripadvisor, and became a little worried. Although we have been to Cancun 9 times, and I have told others not to really put much stock in the reviews (as they always seem to be "bad" reviews). I contacted my rep, and she assured us that if you book using Apple Vacations that you would NOT be bumped to the sister hotel. I am not sure about the other travel companies but I have used Apple Vacations for all of our trips to Cancun but one and have been very happy with their service.

7. Jenks986

Jenks986 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First Timers at the Golden

Booked with Apple Vacations, going April 12-19, do you think we will get bumped, its my wife and I, we are so excited, booked a deluxe ocean view room, I just keep reading these horror stories of people getting bumped.

8. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to CCC and the Golden Jenks986. There is no way to know if your going to get bumped or not. Most of spring break will be over by then I would say your probably going to be okay but it is still high season.

9. Jenks986

Jenks986 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool, Thanks!! Hope to be at the Golden!

10. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Jenks, if you went through Apple then you will be fine. I have total confidence in that company. They will have a rep in the hotel for much of the time during the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice