What is this rash?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rede4cancun, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rede4cancun

rede4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were in Cancun the week of July 22 of this year. My husband noticed that he had a red rash with some small water blisters in the middle of it right below his waist band of his swim trunks. We put hydrocortisone cream on it and he took some antibiotics. The blisters went away but the red rash is still there (a month later!) The rash is not as red as it was in the beginning but it is there - no itching, no pain - just red! He didn't feel anything bite him while in the sea, but he was sitting on rocks in the water for quite a while the day he noticed it. Does anyone know what this could be?

I would appreciate any ideas!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  3. rede4cancun

rede4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We thought about sea lice since I had read about it on the forum but it never itched at all. How long does the red rash hang around?

Thanks for your input

4. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can ask but if memory serves me correctly, my girlfriend's rash lasted about 3-4 weeks.

212eric

5. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had dreaded Sea Lice twice and both times it itched like nobody's business. I suppose everyone is different, but I've never heard of a case where it didn't itch like hell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice