What is this bumping?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by pandagirl15, Apr 14, 2011.

1. pandagirl15

pandagirl15 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry if this has been asked. I looked through a bunch of the threads and only saw people were worried about it.

4 of us will be traveling to the GP for the 1st time in Aug. Wondering what it means for sure. Thanks!

2. 87crxsi

87crxsi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like ftp know if its still bad as I have seen people post about. Me and my wife are hopefully are going for our first trip there in june if we can get a good enough deal.

3. GP-FAN

GP-FAN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "Bumping" that you are reading about is referring to the Hotel overbooking and when the people show up they are told that there are no rooms available but they can put you up at another resort which is usually the sister resort. For the most part it seems to happen during peak Cancun travel season (Feb. & Mar.). We have always gone in September and it has never been a problem. This year we are going in May and also don't expect any issues. People have also said that they had no issues in June so I wouldn't worry. If you did get bumped, negotiate for some free nights or an upgrade.

4. pandagirl15

pandagirl15 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! I don't think we'll be there peak time, so I'm not going to worry. We're really laid back, so if they move us, no big deal!

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    yup... we went march 22nd-31st and no bumping whatsoever with anyone. :D hahah well.... at least not with the rooms. Some bumping MAY have happened on the beach late at night :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice