What is the deal with the TimeShare speal?????

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Gus&Mel, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Gus&Mel

Gus&Mel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been hearing alot of things lately on the timeshare tricks at the resort, telling you it si a tour but it is really a timeshare presentation.

2. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    it is.

Go if you want free stuff (couples massage, money, etc), but know that you're going to say NO at the end and don't mind blowing a few hours of an otherwise nice day.

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If anyone offers us a tour we tell them we were just there a few months ago...they leave us alone! LOL! :lol: I wanna spend time on my vacation having fun...not hearing about a resort I have no intention of buying into.

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Personally if your at the resort and they ask you I'd tell them you've heard to many negative things about Premier and there business practices of late and don't want to waste your time.

Or just say no thank you your on vacation.

Otherwise enjoy yourself. Temptations is a great resort with a great vibe and many great people.

Nick and Renee

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Skip it - waste of time unless you want to waste a whack of time and money.

6. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To me, any sign that their timeshare offering is at least half-way reasonable would require at least one or two satisfied customers posting.

It is quite evident from this board that there does not appear here to be a single satisfied owner. That leads me to assume that their owner's satisfaction rate is not very good. I think that all speaks volumes on itself. In comparison, Disney or Marriott timeshare usually run around 85-90% satisfaction/happy levels.

Rick & Robin
    1st Trip Feb 12-16th, 2009

7. Gus&Mel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you all for your input! but i guess what i was really asking is do they try to hide the timeshare pitch as something else? we wasted a full day of vacation in the Bahamas going through a time share presentation and almost bought in, but too much pressure! no time to think about it and we were on friggin vacation! not wanting to stress out over buying something that MAJOR after a few minutes of video, a quick tour of a room no one has ever stayed in, and alot of numbers thrown at you in a hurry. I was just wondering what to look for so we could AVOID it at all costs!!!!!!! We are going there to PARTY like ROCKSTARS!!!!!!!! :bigband: not listen to BLA BLA BLA!!!!!! The motto for the week is,,,,,,, DRINK :beerdrink:, GET DRUNK: :stevehastoomuchvodka: PUKE :chuck: , and BE SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!! :michaelf: and if this is confusing at all for some i will just say this..... ever been to a party where someone threw up???? you knew who they were didnt you? LOL

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They and every other place in Cancun hide timeshare pitches as anything they possibly can.

Just remember no one in the timeshare biz gives anything away from the kindness of their heart. Whether it's free spa treatments, free tours, free car hire, money off vouchers or cash they aint offering it you because they like you.

9. Gus&Mel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well thank you very much Steve i will keep that in mind! And here i thought these people were my friends! LOL Not going there for the timeshare, going there to meet all the great people from your site!

10. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Last time we were there in 2007 they hid the timeshare pitch after check in. They had you go to a little table in the lobby across from the desk where a lady told you about signing up for specialty restarants, gave you a map of the resort, and then offered you " A tour with a free breakfast and a free couples massage". That was the timeshare appt. We always say no thanks and they have never been pushy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice