What have YOU had stolen when you were on vacation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tina, Mar 6, 2008.

1. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...trying to beat Jamie to a battery joke.......

No better not, I don't know you yet.
    Marsh

2. funlover

funlover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I thought about that after I posted it!

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I must be slowing down Marsh because I read that and the opportunity went right past me. I'll try and be better about that in the future. :D

Jamie

4. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'e been to TT twice now and I do always ask for a room NOT on the ground floor - mainly cuz I'm paranoid bout bugs getting in LOL.

I have to say - we've never had anything stolen and we've left things in the room - always secured away however but never the less - in the room. Ive left jewellry out (mind you - I dont own anything THAT expensive) and the sentimental stuff I dont take off!

Being British we're kinda paranoid about being robbed - so I always use the latch on the room door when were in there - my hubby thinks it's hilarous but thats what I do. We tip the maids well and the maintanance guys (well the ones who fixed our bathroom sink and blocked loo last year). I guess (maybe naively) that would prevent them from being tempted to steal.

I do worry about our passports however so we ensure that those are secure all the time and I NEVER leave my beach/pool bag anywhere that I'm not!
    xxxxx

5. hardrocktampa

hardrocktampa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    this just in:
    Would of been good but....... - Review of Temptation Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico - TripAdvisor

... be careful if you decide to stay here.

6. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do you suppose these break-in's are being done by guests or by staff?

My guess would be guests.

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    If you would not leave your door unlocked at the Holiday Inn, why would you leave it unlocked at TTR?

Maintenance is not always that great, but they will fix the lock on your door or move you to a more secure room. Too bad about their camera, but I would not bring anything on vaca that I would not be afraid not to lose or break.

8. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    ive been here a bunch, my buddy had an incident in 06 with his camera and dvd player, but other then that, I personally have never even had a close call or anything, I always put the wood behind the sliding door, push the latch over the lock at night, ive heard of drunk guest knocking on doors in the middle of the night, so i always use that latch... but just normal precautions i would take at any hotel....I never really think the workers would take a risk of loosing such a good job in a bad economy, but theres is always that chance, when you have people that dont have or make that much money and they know people on vacation usually carry large sums and buy expensive gifts , cameras, ipods etc....so the chance is always there anywhere the ingredients are there .

9. dlee1967

dlee1967 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I saw on a news story a few years ago about vacationing at the beach or resort pool with a great tip. Always make freinds with your beach towel and lounge chair neighbors when you find your spot for the day...

They had a setup on the show where a guy walking by takes personal items off of a towel and all the people around just watch him do it. Then they had a setup where a guy takes items off a towel, but with a victim who had earlier made friends with all the neigbors around him. Three of the neigbors ran after the guy and tackled the thief while another called the cops...

Great tips from RobnStew:

1) Don't bring anything on vacation that you wouldn't be OK losing. So, no need to bring the expensive jewelry, high-end electronics, etc.

and ...

2) Don't leave anything unattended in a very public place.

I would add one other tip- have a second camera or memory card for your personal "wink-wink pics" that you keep in the room safe and one for your other fun pics that you don't have to worry about falling into the wrong hands

10. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Damn! So I should leave my lovely wife at home?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice