What have YOU had stolen when you were on vacation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tina, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I second all that. Stuff can happen anywhere in the world, so act like you're going to the big city :wink: and you'll be just fine.

Jamie

2. funlover

funlover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice. I never thought about keeping locks for my suitcases. Good idea.

3. amdub

amdub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings from Ireland! First time posting! Looking forward to our trip 17 August (my husband, his brother and his girlfriend) - we will be the pasty white folk propping up the bar alot :)

I am just wondering what people do with their laptops if they don't fit in the safe???

Thank you in advance!

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    If you can get by without the laptop leave it at home. I've brought one down before and just put it in my suit case when I wasn't in the room. Half the time you bring something like a laptop and you use it once during your stay. Just not worth the risk. They do have computers in the lobby you can use for a small fee.

Usually stuff that is taking is out in the open and usually smaller items (ie: money, ipod, digital camera, etc.). Though through my days of traveling I've heard all kinds of stories. One year at BBG a couple we have been talking to during are stay had just a basic summer style dress taking from there room one day.

Nick and Renee

5. BCO40

BCO40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree with all posts. We have never had any issues, but.... during my final "packing" the last of about 30 :) I ask myself, "can you bare to have to part with anything in this pretty purple suitcase"? "What can I just not stand to have lost or be taken from me" Most of the time I never wear 1/2 of what i bring anyway.... If you LOVE it... leave it at home!

6. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been there 3 times and Nat 2 and we have yet to feel worried or unsafe in Cancun.

You could get robbed anywhere you go in the world (even small town America) so don't let that be a worry.

My advice to anyone would be to just travel smart. Stick to the tourist areas and with a group. Don't go in for any wierd deals and if something sounds too good to be true then it most likely is.

Oh and the laptop.... if you have time to go onto your laptop while you're there then you obviously haven't been to the sexy pool.. *L*

7. funlover

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In all honesty - We will probably be so drunk most of the time that we probably won't even realize something is stolen until we get home!LOL My biggest concern is the post about someone trying to get into their room while they were in it. Like most, I like to sleep naked and can't see myself or husband running after someone in the bare!!!!

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    When are you going and what is your room number???? :roll:

Seriously though, on the front door is a silver latch that prevents anyone without a special tool from opening the door, like the old chain. The sliding glass door locks securly and the bottom floors have the piece of wood to brace the door.

No one has said but I'm willing to bet that those that have had people enter their rooms while they were there did not throw the front door latch or drop the wood. Otherwise someone may crack the door but they are not coming in without busting the door down. So sleep naked and sleep safe, just, like any other hotel in the world, double lock the doors while you sleep.

Jamie

9. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey what happend to that avatar?? :?

10. funlover

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My digital camera needs new batteries. As soon as I remember to buy batteries I will post. For some reason I am always the one taking pictures, so I don't have any of just me. Just a regular girl next door, with a wild side!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice