What have YOU had stolen when you were on vacation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tina, Mar 6, 2008.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey... we never saw any x-rated pics?.. *LOL*

2. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we were planning on giving you those as your wedding present ;)

3. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In 2004 we had a room on beach and 4am some guy tried to get in slid door when we where in bed. I chased him down the beach. In 2005 we where packing up to leave and Diane was on shitter and I guy saw all our stuff on bed and came into room. He did not take anything cause I went nuts on him. In 2003 we where at Fat Tuesday and I got druged by the bartender and passed out cold. Thank god Diane was there..

But this type of stuff will happen no matter where you go.

4. Dennis.Carrie

Dennis.Carrie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Carrie and I were just a TT and on Nice Shoes opening night someone broke into our room and stole our cash, cameras, blackberry and watches. We were just lucky they decided not to take our credit cards, wallets and passports. We were on the ground floor behind the seafood restaurant at the quiet pool. I am sure the security guard posted outside the rooms in that section had something to do with but no proof. We put the piece of wood in the patio door but did not pay attention to the fact that it was too long and did not get jammed in properly. The thief just pulled on the door until it opened.

All I can say is that I will never take another ground floor room. My disappointment so far is that Temptations has not done anything to find out how this happened nor have they given us any compensation due to the fact that their security company did not do their job. I don't even think they did anything as far reprimanding the security guard on duty.

Dennis

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I really wish Temptations would step up with the security issues of the rooms. I've been quite forunate, but almost everytime down I hear a horror story or two. I'm not sure what the hotel's policy is on it but more then two compliants in a month for the section the maid or security guard is working in should mean termination. I highly doubt its any guest or outsiders. I do know employees are searched when they leave so that process needs to get better also.

I know this happens at alot of resorts but somewhere a hard line has to be drawn.

Nick and Renee

6. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It can happen in U.S hotels as well. Most times at BBG I would think its people walking beach. The beach there is public

7. MrHammy

MrHammy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had a memory card stolen out of a camera at the Chinese restaurant at BBG. We realized that we had left it at the table at dinner about 10 min after we left. Went back and the waiter said he had taken it to the front desk. The front desk had my camera but my $100 memory card was gone. After talking to the manager I was told that no it was not one the employees that had taken it and that’s how it was found, when they were bussing our table. Someone from another table must have snuck over popped the $100 card out of my $400 camera and put the camera back on the table for the staff to find.

Be careful of your stuff even the great staff at the resort may pick up things if they know they can get away with it

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Sorry that it happened but that's why we always say.. Use the Safes! $3 a day is eally cheap insurance.

Jamie

9. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I realize both my wife and I put sort of off-topic/non-serious answers into this.

Going on topic/not goofing: It's a simple thing really:

1) Don't bring anything on vacation that you wouldn't be OK losing. So, no need to bring the expensive jewelry, high-end electronics, etc.

and ...

2) Don't leave anything unattended in a very public place.

At the BBG, I was comfortable leaving my beach bag at our chairs while we lolled in the water, and in there was a cell phone and our camera. But the camera was an inexpensive model ($300), not my big high-end Nikon SLR. AND (very important) the bag was under the chair, and the chair leg was attached to the strap. IF anyone was going to try to do a flyby and grab it, he would have been taking a chaise lounge along for the ride, making him very conspicuous, and if he went to the effort to dig for the bag and dig through and find our camera, he would have been seen by us as well - keep one eye peeled in that direction, and got to some basic security efforts, and you won't have problems.

And use the safe ... for anything important like your passport ...

At least 25 resort vacations in 21 years, plus tons of business travel into dodgy places. No problems - a little vigilence and making sure you're not carrying anything that is overly desirable than what is available from anyone else, and you won't have an issue.

10. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We told people no wedding gifts.. but we'll make an exception in this case.. *L*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice