What have YOU had stolen when you were on vacation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tina, Mar 6, 2008.

1. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We've never had anything taking from room in all the times we've been on vacation anywhere. We've even left money out many times at BBG on accident and it was always there when we came back. Though I've heard my share of stories from people down there.

But them damn van drivers are another story. Bag they took from me had about 50 CD's (before mp3 players really existed), CD player, misc. carry on stuff like an extra shirt or two and a swimsuit. But the biggest pain in the butt was my car keys. We flew out of Chicago and live about 3 hours north of Chicago. So when I got back I had to have the car towed to the Lexus dealership (I only had one master key) and have the ECM (computer brain of the car) replaced and pay for a set of keys. Total bill for that was like $1500. Insurance paid for it but it required another trip down to Chicago. It was just one of those trips everything went wrong. Even offered $200 to the driver service for anyone that would just come by the hotel and drop off the keys no questions asked. They called me like 3 or 4 times during my trip and had it narrowed down to two guys and neither one of them would give anything up. My guy at the airport even offered to split the $200 with them and nothing.

Airport lost my luggage one year. Premier desk (Jose) called the airport for me and the airline and they told him maybe tomorrow they'd find it and drop it off. Well being in Mexico I pretty much figured I'm screwed. Told the bell boy and security staff at BBG $50 to whoever finds my bag that didn't show up at the airport. Went to BBG gift shop and bought shirt for that night and was boozing it up at Las Margitas and all of sudden at about 11:30PM bam here comes the bell boy with my bag. He got off of work and went to the airport and found it. Great guy.

Nick and Renee

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    That's what we do. Keep it with us till we get to the safe in the room. :D

Jamie

3. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know if this counts or not but my husband went golfing and left our camera in the cab. He was able to track down the cab driver 6 hours later and the cabbie had no clue where the camera was. After offer the guy a $150 the cabbie suddenly knew where to find the camera. We weren't upset about the camera itself but about the pictures we didn't want showing up on the internet :flash: Oh and it was very obvious that the guy had viewed the pictures.

Lesson learned if you leave the resort with your camera, switch out the memory card so you don't lose the X-rated pictures.

4. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    We had $100 USD taken out of our shorts on the packed bus ride from the party zone around dinner time last April. With so many people on the bus, we were standing in the aisle like sardines and would never have known if someone was pick pocketing. Not too impressive, but I guess it could have been worse.

We have also heard stories about people having items stolen from rooms at BBG. One things to keep in mind is that the maid always leaves the patio door unlocked, making it very easy for someone to enter your room.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    My heart?

6. AndrewCha

AndrewCha Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We left shirts and sandals out by the sexy pool for a little while and they were gone with noone knowing where they went.

Last time (although technically not stolen) my charger for my razor disappeared from my suitcase on the way back.....I remember packing it but nowhere to be find upon getting back. No big deal except.....can't use the razor....cost me $150

7. chevitz1

chevitz1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bathing suit in the Bahamas. 5 star all inclusive on our honeymoon. Left it out on the balcony overnight to dry. We had an ocean front ground floor room. That's what I get for thinking nothing would happen at a 5 star place!!!! Security and everything there so it was definitely an employee or another guest.

8. jimbo64

jimbo64 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Just to show that it can go the other way, first night of our first trip down there. After a hard day of drinking (and not yet being used to it) I had headed down the beach with some people and at some point kicked off my brand new sandals. Needless to say they didn't make it back to the room that night. Next day they were at the front desk.

9. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I lost my top at the Sexy Pool!

:flash:

10. BCO40

BCO40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    over the years and many trips to cancun and a few to jamaica we learned to not bring the things that mean the most to us. just incase the worst would happen.. We are overly careful and therefore never gone home with broken hearts over lost or stolen items.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice