What have YOU had stolen when you were on vacation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tina, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I notice some post on different threads about things being stolen, i.e. passports, wallets, purses and etc.

I thought it would be informative to post some stories about what you had stolen and some tips on what you are going to do in the future to prevent it from happening again.

I had my little jewelry case, (a nylon case w/zipper about 3" x 3") stolen out of my outside zippered luggage compartment on our trip last week. I've filed a report w/TSA and United Airlines which I know wont do a thing except that its on file, but at least I filed the report.

I cant say if it was the airlines, airport, TSA or who was the culprit, we had to leave our bags w/the bellboy coz our room wasn't ready upon check-in and we also received extra towels right away when we checked into our room.....so anyone could have taken it so there's no way to point the finger at anyone except myself for leaving it in the outside pocket I guess.

The jewelry case had nothing in it that amounted more than $100 total in it, if that, but what p#ssed me off was I had my ankle bracelets I've been collecting over the years of traveling to Cancun and Negril, and the biggest kicker, I had my wedding jewelry in it, which again.....i think i bought it for $40 when I got married ages ago, just a simple matching necklace and earring set.....in todays market would be worth nothing but the fact it was my wedding jewelry.....gone.....I'm disgusted with the fact that its gone and even more irritated that someone took my piddly jewelry that wasn't worth squat.....so hopefully whoever did take it got a good kick in the face when they found out it wasn't worth jack to them, and someday they get a conscience and feel sick knowing they took something that was only worth something to ME!!!

I guess its lesson learned and from now on, the jewelry i wear on the plane will be what I'm wearing all week because now that I have nothing else to choose from to wear!!!

2. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    I had my wallet stolen from the bell desk or taxi driver going to the airport in PV Mexico. I nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully I had already put my drivers license in my shorts so I didn't get delayed getting on the plane but... I'm sure I have a few Kelly's running around there with my name :-(

Needless to say I had lost a few ccards as well as pictures :-(

3. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Stolen Goods

Hi guys,
    This actually happened to my friend while we were all down to Blue Bay in 2006....He had the room right on the beach next to where they rent the jet skis, his balcony was actually right on the sand, and on our 2nd night we went back to his room to grab some things and noticed that someone had stolen his portable DVD player and his Camcorder, to make a long story short, I recommend if you have a ground floor room to always use the wood they give you to make sure someone cant get in through your balcony doors....On a side not, the hotel was awesome, they had the videotape, and they took care of everything, and gave my buddy a huge discount to return to Blue Bay the following year...So hats off the managment staff...But I would def. use the safes and the extra security stick they provide

4. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I had my wallet stolen on a day cruise to Isla. I had just taken out cash to do some shopping but the worst was my green card was in there. No fun coming back through customs, got detained, missed our flights. Takes a year to replace one of those.

5. footballchick58

footballchick58 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must be luck or something, I have never had anything stolen during my time at BBG/Temptation

Always have been fortunate to get a room near the Sexy pool. & Left my back door open all the time.

never worried about a thing, I always use my safe for my valueables IE money passport & tickets.

6. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We had... ahem... sexual acoutriments stolen directly out of our suitcase and Esther also had a pair of shoes stolen on our first trip to BBG last Feb.

7. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    George...I am saddened by your loss. Truly. That would KILL me.

Knock on wood I have never had anything stolen on vacation. However my sweetie left some credit cards at my house while we were on vacation in Mazatlan and the "friend" I had babysit for me used his WORK card to buy all sorts of crap including BOOZE. Needless to say I no longer talk to her. :mad:

Learning from the other thread I think I will keep my carry on bag with me when we get in the transfer van...I carry on all my valuables the plane so I will just keep them with me on the car trip too.

8. hathondo

hathondo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had my Innocence stolen from me........Ok I went willingly :wink:

9. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    lol

well im heading down April 1st... If I find your innocense ill leave it at the front desk for you ha ha
    Cuz I know ill be looking for mine also, Id like to blame it on Alejandra , but i couldnt be that lucky ha ha

10. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry to disappoint but Alejandra is gone......you will like T (Taryn) though, she is just cute as a button and sweet as can be!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice