What happened to Telmex Internet speeds?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunTom, May 14, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Here you go, from our 20Mb connection. Much better than it was:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and from the Telmex speedtest site:
    Últimos Resultados:
    Velocidad de Descarga: 11245 kbps (1405.6 KB/seg tasa de transferencia)
    Velocidad de Subida: 4525 kbps (565.6 KB/seg tasa de transferencia)

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve, so quite a bit off the 20mb then? I've just got these two results, when i tried similar servers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Isn't my cheap ass Cablemas basic internet service, under $600 counting my cable TV, up there, at least for the moment, with you smart guys (LOL) on the Telmex 20 Mb/s results?

I think Sam owes me a beer for some reason. If only his bride would let him out with the guys.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It's up there TJ, here is what I'm getting as of tonight:

[​IMG]

Just too much hassle to swap over to save a few pennies, and be bound to a new contract.

5. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I could get Cable in this street then I would definitely consider it but I would need to be sure about it working with logmein.com, when i tried it ay my mother-in-laws (who apparently had 5mb connection as well), it was terrible, might be something to do with latency or how they allocate the bandwidth, i'm not sure to be honest.

Yes i do owe you a beer, for no other reason for you saying that I do, it sounds fair to me. When's the next UFC/night out? It's been a very very long time since i've been out, more to do with the CUCI and lack of funds than anything, still I seem to be able to cope with a 'few' beers at home nowdays, so i think i'm on the mend and ready for a trip to that place known as 'outdoors' :)

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam,
    Manny is fighting tonight. Proper boxing, not UFC obviously. A friend is trying to get a table reserved at La Tab Del Sol. Do you have WhatsApp?

Steve,
    You really need the big numbers. I agree with you totally except that I have no contract with Cablemenos. And they may have some kick ass speeds. I simply don't know. I do know that you have to stay up and running so if yours is functioning to an acceptable level, if it's not broke, don't fix it. Jaja

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice