What happened around here?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Vegas, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Vegas

Vegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the economy really this bad? Did this board stop advertising?

I've read this place for a couple years & it used to really be hopping-especially during "prime time"(winter).

What are the tourist numbers like compared to a year or two ago-I'm starting to worry.

:?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Well, apart from a short trial a few years ago, I've never actually advertised. There's not a great deal of point when the site is already naturally ranking highly for the important keywords. I rely on search engine rankings and word of mouth. It's been like that pretty much since day one. Traffic to the website as a whole in 2009 is actually up on the last few years strangely enough.

This particular part of the forum has never really been that busy - due to it's broad nature it doesnt attract the continuity of members as the other forums do. Most visitors in this forum are passing through and dont hang around or report back once their vacation is over. They are very widely spread in age, budget, hotel location, likes and dislikes. It's a very different user model to the Temptation, Spring Break or Living in Cancun forum where people have a much narrower common interest and are more like each other - that gives rise to increased sociability.

Right now Cancun seems as busy as usual, this time of year it's the Canadians that form the bulk and their economy hasnt been hit as hard as those from the US, plus it's a very cold winter this year. May well be quite different come April when those from the US are usually here in larger numbers.

3. Vegas

Vegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to know-I'm heading down Saturday

:beerdrink: :beerdrink: :beerdrink: :beerdrink: :beerdrink:

4. BillysWife

BillysWife Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve??? Please explain cold winter?? :shock: Please tell me a cold winter is 80 or above. LOL We will be leaving Chicago Feb 8th,
    Thats always my worry. O well. No one can control the weather. I wish I could LOL
    Kathy

5. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we;re heading down on saturday too! :D

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I meant it's been a very cold winter in parts of Canada, not Cancun :)

It has been quite cool here too at times though. I think the temp got down to 12C at one point. It's warmed up since and warm and sunny today.

7. Dougout

Dougout Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Billy's wife

We are leaving the same day from DTW. If there has ben an uglier winter for us I don't know when since late 70s. We will be at Royal Caribbean. Thanks for leaving Blogo at home!

8. CrookieMonster

CrookieMonster Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blago

I think Blago would be a nice addition to Cancun!! That guy rules!!

Heading down for the first time in mid Feb, cant wait.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice