What gets your goat?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 30, 2010.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Seems you missed the point of my post.

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wasn't responding to your post but sharing my thoughts and referencing something you said that I thought important.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My latest ex g/f, Mexican, used to fuss at me when I was waiting for a worker, repair person, cleaning person or whateve. She said she would wait 15 minutes, no more, and if she had a place to go, she went. If the person came later, while she was still there, she would tell them she had only allocated so much time for them, they were late and maybe she would call another time to reschedule. I have more or less put this system in place, except for one guy who calls if he is going to be more than 30 minutes late, even if he calls 20 minutes late. If I can't wait, I give him a call and reschedule.

This same gal fussed at me a few years ago for giving a cop $50 MXN, when I was talking on my cell while driving. She said I was contributing to the corruption of the police and we could stop it, one person at a time. I have not paid another cop a single peso since, nor have I gotten a ticket.

4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: I think "Saturday afternoons aren't convenient for me" translates to "I can't make it on Saturday afternoon" in any country!! haha

But yeah, if she said "yes" after you pressured her, it was probably just her way of saying whatever would "please the listener", as you mentioned above. If you're lucky enough to get someone here to tell you directly when they can't make it, I recommend you count your blessings and reschedule. :)

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for the tip.

Up to that point, she had been coming on Saturday afternoons when I had to work, but what's changed for her is that she now has a five day a week job, which probably leaves her too little time to get things done around her house, much less mine.

I've started looking for a replacement, which I didn't really want to have to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice