What do you think?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Liz, Sep 5, 2004.

?

Who Will you VOTE for in November?

1. George W. Bush

100.0%
  2. John Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ralph Nader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    If you are easily offended, skip this post...

Guess some people need to take heed of their own tag lines and not read posts that they may find offensive. :D

Political discussions of any type can be offensive to some people in some way.

I voted on the same type of machines used in Florida when I lived in Maryland. I saw the Florida ballots that everyone seem to have problems with and in both cases in my humble opinion did and would have been able to cast my votes correctly. So I guess I'm just super human. :D

"O Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way..." :wink:

Just my two cents worth......

Jamie

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First,

I did not go off the cuff PM'ing moderators or Steve saying that Mikey insulted me so something should be done. I responded to his post directly indicating that I did find what he said offensive...plain & simple. He asked...I told....end of story. If he hadn't asked, he never would have heard a peep out of me, nor would anyone else.

I know Mikey had absolutely no intentions of personally insulting me because I know him personally and know he's not that kinda guy. So this isn't an issue between us. Never has been, never will be. He's still a good friend and something this stupid won't ruin our friendship or make a tiny dent in it.

Second,

Insinuating that someone doesn't have common sense is pretty bold. One doesn't have to have overly sensitive feelings to find that offensive.

Third,

I have NO intentions of skipping Mikeys posts cause there is NO need to. Mikey had NO malicious intent in what he posted. Mikey wasn't trying to stir up the pot (unlike some folks) and has NEVER displayed that type of behavior as long as I have known him.

Michelle

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    See...THIS is why I stay out of political discussions for the most part...and why I just stay in lurker mode :lurker:
    Of course....I just broke that rule...so...since I'm here...I'll add

Mikey and Michelle :3some: Glad the friendship still stands...now lets go have a drink :daveandmo: My treat!!!

5. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dori

Dori, Comes in and makes peace! I really like your smileys!!!! :D :D :D LIZ

6. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone, in discussions like these sometimes things might and can get out of hand.

Michelle: As far as I'm concerned we are still friends. As stated in previous posts, I am a un-college (got it right this time :D ) person. I learn stuff hands on, if I am sitting in front of a blackboard/chalkboard/eraserboard with a teacher teaching, my brain goes, duh. I still believe though that the chad type voting machines are not much harder than any other voting machine. Also no matter what type of voting machine there is there will always be problems.

Jamie: Thanks for doing what you did, eventhough people are now, miffed at each other.

All of this discussion got way out of line. So this will be my last post about it. I think I will also get away from the board for a little bit. So after I finish reading the current posts, I will be gone for a while.

7. demonica13

demonica13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nnnnnoooooo! Don't go, Mikey! Who will entertain me with Commodore 64 and metal references on the board?! Please stay. :)

demonica

8. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mikey!! Log your stubborn butt back on and read my PM before you decide to tuck tail and run!

I for one do NOT wish to see you leave....for minutes hours or days...

You are a very positive and informative person...not to mention a peacekeeping Mod....so get back in here and own up to it! I value every stitch of information that you post on this board...even those posts that I do not respond to....I still read. And if we are not allowed to have a difference of opinion sometimes...then why are we here? It is for discussion...if we all thought alike how boring would that be? Michelle might have taken offence to the post that you put...but she doesn't hold it against you....I HAVE however seen some posts on here that have been truly ugly and hurtful....recently (and NO I'm not bringing THAT up again) but YES have seen people...most recently YOU Mikey get slammed on something as stupid as a spelling error. That was hateful and hurtful and totally uncalled for. I know I don't spell like a COLLEGE grad...Hell I'm NOT a college grad....and if you don't like what I write...or how I spell it...to hell with you...don't read it and for God's sakes...DON'T respond!

Now Mikey...get back in here....do NOT make me call you...I know I have your number somewhere...but it'll give me a headache to look for it....

Love you Honey *KISS KISS*

9. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok

My intention was not to hurt anyone and I am sorry if I did. It is obvious that Dori was referring to me because I corrected a grammatical error, sorry about that Mikey! I truly am! I will no longer discuss any type of politics here because I dont want people to be mad at eachother. so sorry again!!! :( LIZ

10. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok...well I've upset the balance again...

Liz...you believe so strongly in what you believe in....I have no problems with your political views...Please do not stop posting them here...you do bring a certain zest to this board...It's good. I mentioned the zinger you gave Mikey because had it been me....yes I would have been insulted by it....but he obviously wasn't. And I wanted him to know that he DOES have friends here that enjoy his views..just as we enjoy yours. Please do not leave on my account....If I hurt your feelings in that...I am sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice