What do you think?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Liz, Sep 5, 2004.

?

Who Will you VOTE for in November?

1. George W. Bush

100.0%
  2. John Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ralph Nader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was a card carrying Republican, but in the past couple of years my views are of both Republican and Democrat type of thinking and since niether of the parties (I still can't figure of why we only have two major ones) think the way I do an Independant candidate is more to my liking.

2. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    two major

I sometimes wonder why we have two parties too. There is probably a lot of reason for it. If you separate views in to two categories or three with nader than voters have no choice but to separate themselves from one of the parties. For example, if both parties were for abortion, if both were for gay marriage, if both were for making a living wage for the whole country. We would not have much to vote for if we were not able to distinguish between the different LABLES. You are so right about Nader though radical ideas are great for america but the old folks in the white house are toooo scared of change or any new ideas in my oppinnion. LIZ

3. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whoa, wait a minute, I never said I was for Ralph Nader, he is of or was for the Green Party. I have never voted for Nader or probably never will. If I remember right last presidental there were a total of 10 candidates.

Maybe the two party system does need a jolt by a strong third party. Maybe then something of real consequance would happen instead of the same old stuff.

Back when I could start voting, I was all fired up about being able to vote, thinking that what I did made a differance, now these days I don't think it does much, don't get me wrong I will still vote, just so I can discussions about politics, but after that it does not really matter. Politicians are going to do what they want without really worrying about their constituants.

BTW, for anyone reading this, I do love my country.
    :flagusa:

4. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    " an independent canididate is more to my liking." Maybe I was confused by this Mikey!!! This is my second time voting and I still think its important, actually more important now than when I voted for my first time, because Bush was elected by the supreme court instead of the electoral college and popular vote. Its nothing to get overworked about but for some strange reason politics have always interested me. LIZ

5. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stay confused but that is only me. Voting is important, it is the single most important thing in a democracy, and I will continue to vote.

Yep, the supreme court did have the last say. The main thing about the last election is that the voters in Florida. I have voted using the ballets with the chads and I tell ya, it is not hard to vote with those. Just a little common sense.

Gore did win by popular, but bush won with the electoral vote, which is how the president is actually elected.

I for one love to talk politics, so anytime you want to talk about it, just let me know. I too have an interest in it so it is not strange.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, those ballots that they had in Florida were VERY similar to the ones that we had in Illinois in the same election. I had GREAT difficulty making sure that I was voting for the person that I truly wanted to vote for. It wasn't about using common sense at all.

The names were NOT alligned properly and you couldn't just look and punch like you could on prior ballots....I had to use a piece of paper as a straight edge to make sure that I was punching the proper hole in the ticket. Even with that it wasn't easy to keep track of where I was on the ballot.

In addition to the mis-allignment, the font type was ALOT smaller than it's ever been before.

The third thing was that the grouping of the names was not matched properly either.

At LEAST 50% of the people who were voting while I was had problems with the ballot and had to re-do theirs. Many got frustrated with trying to vote for the proper person and just gave up after a while.

The portion of the ballot that was for voting for Judges was even worse that the rest of the ballot.......I know VERY few people outside of those who work in the legal profession that actually completed that section....it was just tooo difficult to focus on that tiny print that was mis-aligned.

I know it sounds bizare to someone who's never seen a screwed up ballot like that....but what happened in Florida and a few other states with chads wasn't about common sense at all. I don't consider myself dumb by any stretch of the imagination and I had GREAT difficulty with my ballot. I can only imagine what all those senior citizens went through trying to vote in Florida.

Michelle

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK, ok...I'm too lazy to look right now (It's Monday...no, Tuesday morning, and am halfway thru my cup o' joe). Does anyone have a link to a site listing all the candidates for all the parties? And I mean all of 'em...including Communist and Reform parties, etc. I want to see all my alternatives.

8. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol

LOL Michael F. :D :D

9. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice