What do you say when asked where you vacationed?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Trish, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    So, after 4 years of not saying anything, I was on a long car journey with a colleague for a work meeting earlier in the week, and after the usual work talk, naturally coversation got around to holidays. I bang on about Cancun all the time and this journey was no different. However, when they asked what resort I stay at, instead of changing the subject or being vague, I thought 'screw it' and finally said the dreaded words....Temptation. And you know what, it wasn't so bad. I tried to explain best I could that it's just a stupid name, it sounds a bit seedy but it's nothing worse than an adults-only place. Been hoping for a name change for years, but no luck there.

Well the secret is out now, so if I'm the talk of the office for a while then so be it! I'm tired of people asking and not saying where I disappear to every year. I'm old enough to not give a shit.

2. Ivan&Mache

Ivan&Mache Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0
    Same thing with us. We´ve been going since 2012 and are headed back next month. Previous vacations it was just "Oh we went to Cancun, or Riviera Maya to X resort. It was fun." But this time whenever a close friend or relative asks us we say we are going to Temptation and we talk a bit about how is it over there and what a blast we´ve had each time we go. Everybody likes it but most say something like "My hubby will never take me there." or "My wife would never go to that kind of resort." or something like that. Their loss. But they kind of like it that we go, we hope to go with a few close friends sometime in the future.

Of course we still have our secrets, like when we go to Desire. ;P

3. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    When we went to Desire RM this year, we just said we went to Secrets, which is just up the road when my sister asked me. She said Yuck and I told her it is just an adults only resort nothing going on at all. LOL My is that a lie (well at least where Desire is concerned have no idea about Secrets since we did not set foot off of Desire's property.)

Melissa

4. Yell

Yell Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We're pretty upfront with who we are. No one bats an eye when they ask what we'll be up to next weekend.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,166 / 7
    Way to go Trish. Cats out the bag. If they don't like it, then you don't want to talk to them anyway!

If I was to ever say I was going to a normal resort, people would be way more shocked.

6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    We tell them it's Temptations. For those that freak out a little we explain that TTR is pretty much an adult spring break and a place with no screaming brats running around (ours included) and it's just a great place to meet awesome people and party. A few have heard of the place and snicker, but we explain it's pretty much whatever you want it to be and nothing more. Our friends get it. For those that say they could never go to someplace like that for either moral reasons or spousal hissy fits, well, they probably couldn't and likely wouldn't get the concept anyway. In our minds though it seems very sad that even as an adult they worry about what others think of them so much it limits life experiences. Guess they just can't put their big kids pant's on long enough to try it, (surely an odd analogy for a place dedicated to getting pretty much all clothes off beyond the front door) or the spouse is so controlling they aren't open to even trying something new as well. Seems like a waste of life at that point.

7. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Not gonna lie, word will spread quick I'm sure, but what he has to telll is pretty vanilla.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    We say we go to Mexico, and if they press farther we say Cancun, and if they are interested enough to really find ut, I tell them straight out that we "go to this place called Temptation, which is a weird name for the place, but hey. Think of it as a place where I can get my fix of Adult Spring Break, watch my wife run around naked, generally act like an idiot college kid again, but with Much more fun than I ever had in Florida actually ON Spring Break, and you will be close."

They generally say... after about a five-second pause... something like..."Did you say naked?"

And then I explain further. Love that look. Of course, I AM my own office, so screw 'em if'n they don't like it, eh?

9. Shelby64

Shelby64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    For our first trip, we would just say Cancun as we didn't know what to expect ourselves. Now, we see no reason to hide where we are going. As stated above, its a fantastic party resort for adults only. Yes, its topless optional, but you can see that in many resorts both in Cancun and elsewhere.
    When we got back in November, co-workers were asking and we told them straight up it was TTR. Questions ensued, and honest answers were given ....although perhaps not all the details. :)
    Now, several of them want to try it out too. Think they felt the excitement we were feeling about TTR.
    Can't wait to get back in April!

10. Hdtrojan

Hdtrojan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0
    We always say we are at the RIU. Always one of those in cancun or Jamaica or anywhere. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice