What do you do to get inshape for a stay at temptation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hedoshedo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. funlover

funlover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Aromance for the advice. The sex part I already do that daily!!!!! And sometimes twice. What can I say - my husband and I are really attracted to each other even after 13 years!!!!!

2. jeffNalisa

jeffNalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    I just ordered my wife a stripper pole so she can used that for working out. She said it was the best work out she ever did when we were at hedo3 a few years ago.

3. jeffNalisa

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    We started Krav Maga 2 weeks ago and MMA type work outs which is some of hardest sh*t I have ever done. 4.5 dopped this week!

4. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Krav Maga? MMA workout? Explain please. I have never heard of it.

5. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think they are some sort of martial arts.

6. chevitz1

chevitz1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh boy....someone didn't say MMA and Krav Maga!!!!!!!! I could go on for days and days and days. Check out www.kravmaga.com. It's by far the best thing you'll ever do for yourself. I've trained for years. First off, it's fun. A lot of fun. Second, it's a HUGE workout. You'll have fun, be learning something, and also getting a workout like no other. Krav Maga is a form of self defense. The system took all the best of each of the hundreds of martial arts and fighting styles and combined them into one. It's most similar to MMA (mixed martial arts)...the UFC full contact type fighting stuff. Punches, kicks, etc. But it's more then that too. The fighting aspect of it will teach you quickly how to be affective with attacks but it teaches defense and how to get out of situations. It's really street fighting. Now, does it sound like a thing for guys...maybe! I do it because i love MMA style fighting. I love putting the gear on and sparring. For the women, spar as well and I've sparred with many. It's also going to teach you how to get out of bad situations. Someone comes up and grabs you....what do you do??? You get into a situation and are swung at?? What do you do? What do you do when his buddy comes at you too?? I experienced the last one. I had already trained in Krav. lets say I was fine!! Krav has one rule, GET HOME SAFE.

I could go on for days. Krav is something great to learn that hopefully you never use but it's nice to know. It's like those that own guns and have CCW's...you hope you never need it. Krav is the same. Get deep enough into training and you'll learn gun, knife, and stick/club defenses too. What if you're at the ATM and someone comes up and puts a gun to your back????

OK, I just wrote a novel. Any questions or more details...feel free to ask. I LOVE THIS SUBJECT!! Not to mention, it's responsible for putting me in the best shape of my life.

7. jeffNalisa

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    Krav is Isreali close quaters martial arts, MMA is mixed martial arts ( punches, kicks, groundwork, etc). :box: The workouts consist of A LOT of core work and stress pushing yourself as much as you can. Alisa really loves it although she always wants to spar at home :lol:
    They are also adding some kettel bell work which is supposed to be another killer for the core and promotes more functional strenghtening.

Heres a link that shows some of the stuff.

[media=youtube]xUTZgoPCuuo[/media]

[media=youtube]YJ-z1ZnhiBo[/media]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  8. jeffNalisa

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    Kevin you beat me to it. We love it. We've only been at it for 2-3 weeks but love it. I have worked out form most of my life and this is by far the most grueling thing that I have ever done. Its great that Alisa and I can do this together. Plus , she's only 5-2 ish 115 pounds- I feel better knowing she'll be better able to get out of a sticky situation.
    I just started to add the MMA class to my weekly workout.

9. jeffNalisa

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  10. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like an awesome way to exercise and learn how to protect yourself at the same time. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice