What Could Happen If These Resorts Sink?

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by ScubaSteve, Jan 5, 2023.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,166 / 7
    OK, so I am not trying to be super negative here, and I don't want to push people away from going to the DR locations, but if things don't look like they are getting better in 6+ months. Could there be a possibility that these resorts crash and burn, and what will it mean for Temptation's future?

I don't know how long you can keep a resort alive if there aren't many guests. I understand there are opening pains, but so far the future isn't looking too bright when I ask my magic 8-ball.

I am afraid they will start to cut corners in Cancun if these locations start to hemorrhage cash :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    So dumb they went to DR instead of back to Cabo.. duh…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Looking into the Crystal Ball .... Temptation Miches will do well, but not for TTR/Desire regulars. It'll become a party spot for the east coast crowd. Toplessness and theme participation will all but disappear...maybe like a Hard Rock or Breathless / Vegas vibe. It is the demographic the management has been recruiting anyway, and now there won't be blowback by Original Members or others that frequent TTR. This will then carry over to TTR over the next decade, which is more of a concern that cutting corners and sacrificing the service at TTR to keep Miches afloat.

Miches Grand might get some of the TTR crowd, sounds like the Desire regulars are not going to be liking it because of the lack of au natural.

We'd still try Grand, but the travel time is just too long when compared to TTR/DRM/Pearl. We can get to Cancun in about six hours. Punta Cana flights are much longer, more expensive, late arrival, and early morning departures, with maybe an overnight travel stay. Also, the resort could be on the beach.

It is too bad the openings were a flop, with low occupancy and limited services. This is a pretty common occurrence. We went to Breathless RC the week after it opened (after months of delays) and it was only about 80% functioning. I guess that there has to be a sense of urgency to get things done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    We have only been to Temptation Cancun and Hedo. We signed on to go to Miches in April, but does anyone know where the current best adult party resort is?

5. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I’ve read some of the reviews, and haven’t seen this. Is there a “Bash” at night for both resorts, or is it combined?

7. Анжела72

Анжела72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    Yes, they are separate and similar in style and set up compared to TTR and DRM with TMR having the full blown Bash area while Grand has the area adjacent Lobby Bar for the show with a move to the Disco afterwards.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm just guessing here, but I think Cabo priced itself out of the Original Resort family's (yes, singular family) capatal investment budget. Back when Temptation ~ Cabo was still in operation, my lady & I and another couple had booked Cabo for a week... and then it got sold or whatever and was suddenly going to be kid-friendly. Nope. We ended up going to Hawaii instead with that money I think it was.

Reading reviews, I can't see a reason to go to the DR for the Temptation/Desire vibe. Not when I can wake up at 6:00 a.m., get to Hobby Airport about 15 minutes away by 7:00 a.m., get on a flight leaving at 9:03 a.m., land in Cancun right at two hours later, and be booked into our room, changed into swimwear and that string thing that Stacia says is a microbikini although in my opinion you still need fabric to be a bikini and we're out at the Sexy pool before 1:00 p.m. At DRM/Pearl, it's more like 1:20 p.m.

BTW... Trip No. 32 to TTR this coming 1st week of April, DM if you are going to be there between 31 Mar ~ 6 Apr and wanna tell me a joke...

9. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Slightly off topic and now kinda curious - what was the backstory with Temptation/Desire Cabo that made it so that it's now out of the Original Resorts fam?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice