WHAT CAN WE DO !! NO OMAR LALO AND CHINOS = NO FUN !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BRADTHING, Oct 3, 2008.

1. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Good point Steve, AND for that matter true everywhere in the USA as well.

Bev, also totally agree with you (I know, SHOCKING! :) ) the party is what you make of it - and again, that's not a thing unique to this resort either.

As I said, I've only been once, but as a testament to what I liked the best about the resort - meeting really cool, really fun people, I'm happy to report that of the four couples and one gent that we spent most of our time hanging with ...

... One couple, I helped him build his web site for his business, and we communicate via email or text about twice a month. Great guy. My wife swaps emails and MySpace postings with his wife periodically.

... another couple, I helped him with business contacts, and we will likely see them again sometime.

... the next couple, he and his wife has visited us once here in the Chicago area, and we'll for sure see them again soon.

... the last couple, while we haven't seen them, my wife swaps emails with the wife of that couple a lot.

and finally, the one gentleman, we're headed to either florida or Cancun to visit with him next month.

So, in our case, the staff did exactly what it was supposed to do - entertain us, and help create situations to make new and lasting friendships.

I have a feeling with that mission in mind, there's plenty of folks for the job. If we go back to TTR (we had actually booked for late this month, but work conflicts have intervened so we cancelled) anytime soon, I'm sure the new staff can do the same.

2. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There have been several possibilites posted as to the entertainment crew's demise, (resort going a new way, pissing off owners friends, we don't want repeaters?,promotions etc) but maybe this will offer a new twist.

It cannot be argued by all here and many who don't know about here, that the BBG/TTR has had a great business model. They as a successful ownership group decided to take things in a new direction, Desire Cancun.

Many here will recall in the early days that the new resort was slow. Remember the free upgrades offered under your door. Slowly that resort took off and more similar resorts followed.

Now one off the single biggest reasons that we all return to TTR has been the people we meet and what Chinos can get them to do.

If you owned resort properties and they were not as busy as you would like them and maybe a bit contraversial, would you not try to lead your loyal pack of followers to your new resorts with a carrot on a string??

Maybe Chinos is also at a new location because ownership wants to establish a west coast presence with the Desire family.

3. tgdg558

tgdg558 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back last week from a wonderful trip to Temptations. I, too, was bummed that the old crew wasn't there..especially Omar. BUT, the new staff are very nice! Jose' and Charlie treated us like we were family. You may remember Jose'...he has been there about 6 years always working in the water sports area. He stepped up to help out in the entertainment area and is doing a great job! T was great! There are a couple of new girls from Poland, I think, who are getting their feet wet, but are trying their best.

Go with an open mind! I saw Lalo nearly every night going to the clubs...had a blast with him and T at Bulldog...danced our asses off all night! Sure, it was different without the old staff, but it was still fun and the new staff is friendly, warm and welcoming! HAVE FUN!

4. bosteph

bosteph Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For those of you that are not familiar with the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex...

The scariest part of Rob's (Diamondheaded) post was being dumped in a ditch in South Oak Cliff. Hit me with the metal pole anyday, but for the love of all that is good on this earth DO NOT LEAVE ME IN OAK CLIFF!!! :shock:

5. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0

I dunno about Desire being "slow". Esther and I have been eyeballig Desire ever since we first went to BBG/TTR in '07. The place seems to STAY packed. It's pretty hard to get a decent booking at either one. To be fair, Desire Riviera Maya seems harder to get into than Cabo, but even then Cabo isn't exactly wide open as far as booking is concerned.

My money goes on Chinos being popular enough at TTR that it warranted a transfer to see what he could do over at Desire.

6. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i lived in oak cliff for a year(went to school there)nice neighborhood.carry a gun if you can

7. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are reasons why I avoid crossing 360.....

8. dancing sean

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    too much excitment east of 360 for you.(although the excitment in oak cliff can be a little much.)

9. dancing sean

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'm going back to temptations in january01-29 looking forward to see jose,luis,manuel.i will see lalo when i go to coco bongo and the city.I WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME!!

10. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Just got back from our 6th trip in three years. The games have been toned down because things were getting to "raunchy". Some games like "The Quest " have been eliminated. T has been basically left in charge and she brough her friend Nikki from Canada and they did a great job. The pool entertainment is only a couple hours before lunch and a couple after lunch so you are left to entertain yourself most of the time anyway. They still have naked tequila volleyball and T tried to get people naked for bingo but with all the cameras(which I have always had a problem with goobers taking pic like they have never seen boobs before) people were not interested in taking it all off. Plus it seems to be a more uptight crowd than before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice