WHAT CAN WE DO !! NO OMAR LALO AND CHINOS = NO FUN !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BRADTHING, Oct 3, 2008.

1. BRADTHING

BRADTHING Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock:

WHO DO WE CONTACT WHO DO WE TELL?? WITHOUT THESE GUYS IM SERIOUSLY DOUBTING RETURNING TO Temptation !! WHERE ELSE CAN U GO THAT THE STAFF REMEMBERS YOUR NAME AND PROFESSION AND WHAT GAMES AND SPORTS YOU LIKE TO PLAY??? I HAVE GONE TO Temptation THE LAST 5 YEARS AND BECOME GOOD FRIENDS OF ALL 3 OF THESE GUYS AND IF I HAVE TO BE TOTALLY HONEST THEY ARE THE REASON I RETURN EVERY YEAR!! CHINOS WAS PROMOTING Desire IN VEGAS LAST YEAR SO I ONLY GOT TO SEE HIM ONE DAY !! that trip was differant than the others prior and my most recent but lalo and omar made it ok !! now they are all gone WTF!!! WHO DO WE CALL WHAT DO WE DO BECAUSE THESE GUYS WHERE THE HEART AND SOUL OF CANCUN !! :evil:

2. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If your holiday has to be made for you through the entertainment staff the you are in real trouble cause from the posts provided here you are unlikely to change what has happened.
    If you need Chinos then you are Desire bound (Los Cabos)

3. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    here ya bonez

speaking of hotel staff -

we had a great bell hop and the best house cleaning lady on the planet our first trip there

but

somehow, we did not get them the second time we went - go figure ?

now

have to be 100% honest here and just come right out and tell you that even though we did not have the same staff to take care of us -

............we still went ahead and booked our third trip knowing full well that we may never get that stellar bell hop and the best house cleaning lady on the planet

surprise surprise surprise -

(a) we still had our bags taken care of
    (b) our rooms were cleaned every single day we were on vacation

now as far as the entertainment staff goes -

i will miss chinos and lalo and t will miss omar more than i care to ponder - but there will be an ice storm as big as texas in a smoldering hot hell before i begin temptations go/no go scenarios based upon 2 or 3 staff memebers being present

if it takes them being there for me to have fun - - - - then i need for someone (whom honestly cares about me more than i can possibly imagine) to get a 2 inch thick metal pipe and just whack me right over the crown of my forehead and then chunk my dumb ass in a ditch in south oak cliff

- - -

when i wake up the next morning and realize what happened....... :idea: .... :idea: ....that some true caring friend just kindly "took me out" as it were - for the sole purpose of clearing my foggy brain and bringin' me back to my senses - ill send that very special god sent angel a thank you card, a $20,000.00 gift certificate and then gladly hand over t to him/her for 7 long nights of unspeakable pleasure

rob

"Folks said that I would change my mind
    I'd straighten up and do just fine
    Ah, but I still love rock and roll
    I keep on rolling with the flow"

4. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK I won't go as far as Rob LOL...no metal pole forehead smashing please!!!

We are disappointed that the entertainment we know, love and partied with are not going to be there for our trip....BUT we plan on going in and giving the new entertainment staff the opportunity to entertain us and maybe get to know them a bit too.

Look at it this way...I am sure after five or so years your favorite waitress at your favorite eatery could retire/get a new job...you love their food, they have the worlds best coffee and they are the only place in the whole county that you can get that old fashion that knocks your socks off...are you going to quit going to that eatery?? Maybe the new waitress is better, adds a couple of extra mushrooms to that old fashion and you may just miss the opportunity to make a new friend.

Omar, Lalo and Chinos are gone....sad but true...there are other things that we enjoy about TTR and unless we are bored out of our goards, treated terribly etc we will keep returning.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Ok, now with all fair disclosures, I've only been once, but I have to agree - the fun is what you make of it. Lead pipe clanking aside.

What's interesting is that I haven't heard one person yet say "hey perhaps Chinos, Lalo, etc. WANTED this change or were offered a promotion?

Look at the situation: they'd been in Cancun for quite awhile - perhaps they were looking to change as well - go to a nicer/newer resort in a different part of Mexico that has a higher standard of living (the living conditions in Cancun city can be pretty nasty, and LosCabos is pretty nice), fewer hurricanes, etc.

In other words, perhaps the resort company, who clearly sees them as a valuable asset to help ramp up the reputation of a resort, came to them and said "would you like a change?" and they took it. In other words, perhaps the real issue here is not "we need to pull you out of Temptations as too many people like you" but instead was "we need to boost the reputation of Desire in Los Cabos, and you guys are the men for the job."

Personally, I think the latter scenario is the most likely - they were offered a nice promotion to go to one of the chain's newest resorts and build up the entertainment programming there.

In all the keening and caterwauling about them leaving the resort from people who say "those guys were my friends", I don't think I've ever read anything from anyone that says "hey, perhaps this was a good deal for them".

Because my guess is that they were promoted.

6. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been the last four years, this year was the first with new crew obviously. We love the old crew and miss them, they are our friends. But as everyone knows in life friends come and go, when this happens you make new friends and keep living. The new crew is great, by the second day they knew our names where we were from, everything chinos and the gang did. Temptations is not great just because of them, it is a place like any where else, like you whole life, it is what YOU make of it. Go there mad and you may just stay mad. Go there ready to party and make new friends, which I think is the mind set we all go there with, and you will continue makeing great memories. So go with a good attitude about it meet the new staff and then decide. I will see all the September crew there next year. Can't wait.

7. marilyn&steve

marilyn&steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think RobnStew have a real good point about a transfer and/or promotion. I've heard that Chinos, especially, was well known up and down the strip in Cancun. Had he wanted to stay in Cancun, I've gotta think he'd have had his choices. The fact that he is still with the same company in another location would lead me to believe he wasn't fired. Sometimes a company will transfer an employee where they are needed to help build something at another location. The fact that some people are saying they may go to Desire in Los Cabos might be what the company was hoping for. Omar and Lalo I don't know. Yeah, of course we'll miss all 3 of them for sure. And we most assuredly wish them all the best and thanks for a bunch of great times.
    That said, as others have noted, TTR is more than any one individual. The beer still flows, the climate is still great (might snow here tonight in the foothills west of Denver), the sexy pool is still where it's at, and we'll be there Thurs Oct 9 to check it out personally and party like rock stars! I'm sure the new entertainment staff will have some crazy surprises and looks like a fun group of other guests, which after all, make for 90% of the fun!

8. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We go to TTR 3-4 times per year. We love chinos and lilo. They are unreplacible. We've been there before when lilo was and wasn't working there. Also, when chinos was there and not there due to promotions. The party still goes on. Maybe its different, but the party still happens.

There is alot to this situation that isn't suppose to be made known. As it really is noone business. As to why this change has taken place. It doesn't have anything to do with a promotion or anything else that most might think. This really has been a long time coming from what I understand.

Chinos is still working for the same company which is really great for him. Lalo is still in works (although not thru temptations itself) with the hotel.

The bottom line is that sometimes things change and rather they are for the good or not, that is how it is. If those few guys are the only thing that made your vacation good, then something is wrong. For us personally, the bartenders who we've become very good friends with over the years matter more to us to see than the entertainment staff. But even so, over the years they have let go many of our friends who were also great staff members, and we still return. The next guys who come along will be just as friendly and in time could become friends. That is just our personal opinion.

I guess what I am saying is that there is alot of specualtion out there as to why things have happpened. Noone will ever know the real truth. But there are new people who are trying to do the best that they can under unrealistic expectations. Give these new staff members a chance. In a few years when one of them decides to leave. Maybe just as many will be upset then.

9. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    staff

Well I know we have about 12 threads going on this topic, but I seem to learn from each one....
    And I for one was nervous when I heard about the changes, but then as Diamonheaded said , " where else are you going to go" So I realized that given the right amount of Beer and Friends I could have a blast at a PTA meeting ...ha ha
    That being said, I will continue to go back there and give the new crew a shot, and if they arent as good, I will just have to step up my partying game and make the fun myself or with the crowd im with. :lol:

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I dont think any of them were looking for a change and it seems Lalo and Omar were never given the option of Los Cabos anyway, only Chinos was.

No one in their right mind would give up a reasoably paid job at the start of one of the lowest low seasons for years. Last I heard Omar was still looking for work and Lalo was working in a limited capacity for the clubs - hardly a "promotion".

My pure guess is Chinos went to Cabo probably because due to contractual reasons he couldn't be fired without a sizeable pay off. The other Ents staff are usually on temporary rolling contracts and can be let go without it costing the employer anything. When it comes to employer of the year awards TTR have a lot of work to do I think.

RobnStew, living conditions in "Cancun city" are as good or as bad as ones wallet dictates - that's true for all of Mexico and probably any other place in the World for that matter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice