What Brand Liquors to expect at the pool and lobby bars....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Pablo & Zayra, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Never been to DRM, but have watched the bartenders at TTR make a few drinks. Personally I prefer to always watch my drink being made as between the language challenge drinks being called different names I get along better when I see them poured. I have also seen dozens of new bottles opened up over the many trips I have been there and I have never seen anything that makes me think the drinks are watered down. The normal glasses are small and they do use a lot of ice which could be some of the reason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    we take insulated mugs with lids for our drinks. Comes in handy when its hot or when drinking in the pool. and the bartenders are happy to fill them with what ever we are drinking.

3. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    Bubba mugs are our friends

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Todd And Aaron

Todd And Aaron Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    With all the referral changes, can Referrals still get crown or would I as a member have to go to premiere bar to get it for them?

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    Depends when you booked your referral. If it was before July then you will, if not then it’s a member drink.

6. FelicksNNeekCoal

FelicksNNeekCoal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I think it’s watered down behind the scenes.
    7 shots of Tequila even with a bad pour should have had me on my ass.

7. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    When I first started reading about the watered down drinks in Mexico I was sure it was going to end with,"I got the shits and the ice is filtered.'

8. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    The way ive seen some people pour drinks into themselves if the booze is a bit watered it might not be a bad thing ,,,

(.Y.)

9. Mmerlin123

Mmerlin123 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First visit do they have Southern Comfort it's all my wife drinks and I like it when she drinks;);););););););););););)

10. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I don't think they water down the booze, but they do have a habit of making them not super strong. And I think this is a good thing at times. Think about it this way, if you are drinking out of a 22+oz mug, and they keep putting 3-4 shots in it, you aren't going make 6+ hours at the pool. The drinks they make might only be like 1.5-2oz in your mug. If you are at home and you order a double, they are putting 2oz-2.5oz in a 10-14oz glass (most pint glasses aren't actually 16oz). Most people don't make it 3+ hours drinking doubles.

If I want a strong drink, I just ask them to make it strong, and then you normally have to make sure they know you really mean what you are saying. In my experience many people say that, but they actually aren't prepared to handle what it means if they are just regular casual drinkers. I think the bartenders want you to have a good time, and want you to last, so they aren't trying to destroy you and having falling over people everywhere you look (though you 100% find them here and there)

I personally don't want to drink a lot of the mixers, so I normally ask them to make my drinks super strong, but then you have to be mindful of that and you don't want to get mixed up getting refill every time someone goes to get a round.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice