What are the best tours to do?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 4biddenpleasrs, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  2. Parrot

Parrot Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cozumel

:-o Thanks Normskid, I appreciate that very much. You have provided a very detailed description that will really help and we will take a printout with us.
    I also appreciated the other info about tours, but we really don't want to snorkle. But I do appreciate the time you took to reply.
    Thanks!

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You very welcome! Have a great time!

Michelle

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A thanks from me too. I wondered the best way to get to PDC. Very detailed I printed it and put it away. Have you seen the Hotel Alux in PDC. What do you think of it if you have. Thanks in advance.
    Gonzo

5. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cozumel

We hired a car and drove to the ferry which is just passed Playa Del Carmen. Took the car on the ferry boat and an hour later, drove off the ferry and all around the island. It was great fun although I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed with Cozumel, Isla Mujeres is a much nicer island and alot closer.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not seen the hotel Alux, actually never heard of it. But if you do a "image" search at google.com, you will proly find some pictures that previous guests have posted on the internet.

Dunno that it's really fair to compare Cozumel with Isla Mujeres......it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both islands cater to a totally different crowd. They really don't have much in common at all.

Michelle

7. janebritnproud

janebritnproud Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If so, what else should we make certain to see or do in Cozumel (we don't dive).

Cozumel is very different from Isla Mujeres. For one thing Cozumel is a larger island approx 28 miles long whereas Isla Mujeres is around 5 miles long. I can only say what I thought and my opinion which is what I did, I don't dive either. I just found Isla Mujeres to be cozier if that makes sense, being small it is easy to see the whole island which makes it seem like a grand adventure. We drove all around in our golf cart, it was so much fun. Cozumel is where the cruise ships dock and so more people are there, there are larger and fancier stores along the front. Most of Cozumel is not developed noteworthy is the Chankanaab National Park, a Cozumel icon, and the Punta Sur Ecological Reserve. This huge protected area at the southern tip of the island includes Punta Celarain and its historical lighthouse, as well as the Colombia Lagoon, a shelter for many of the island's endemic species, as well as other endangered forms of life, such as marine turtles and their nesting areas..
    It is like comparing apples and oranges as anything is, because we all enjoy different things. So I hope this helps and I also hope that you have a wonderful vacation, I know you will.

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really liked XCARET.. I also went swimming with the dolphins here... That was wonderful.

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What I generally recommend to people is that they get a set of Laura's mapguides for each place they plan on going. Then it's easy to see what there is to do, how to get there, how much it's going to cost, etc.

You really can save a ton of money by getting the maps and transporting yourself like the locals do rather than booking a "tour." It's easy to navigate around if you have her maps.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice