What are the best tours to do?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 4biddenpleasrs, Sep 14, 2006.

1. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats not shameless at all. Especially since EP really does have the best prices in town. I had made a reservation with them for snorkeling, but had to cancel it because other plans came up. Called the number, talked to a very nice woman at their office and got my deposit back.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, your honesty as a businessman is what keeps people coming back. It's quite refreshing!

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great... we'll take a look together and decide .... we're going to have to fit this into the BBG schedule.. *L*..

4. englishlady

englishlady Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought the trip was so entertaining that I DID IT TWICE. the 1st time was for my birthday and then a week later as i enjoyed it so much and was taken by one of the pirates. I desperately want to contact him any suggestions of how to do this?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think we've done it about 7 or 8 times now.

As for your pirate, best way would be to go back for a third time. If you didn't get his email or cell no at the time then there's not much option left.

6. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fun Cruise

We really enjoyed the fun cruise that we went on, on Tuesday. We were on the Don Diego Catamaran were you could drink all you want while heading to the reef to snorkle. The snorkling was totally awesome saw barracuda, parrot fish and so many that I don't know what they are. Swam through a school of fish ...... WOW. Isla Mujeres was cool just wish we could have had a little more time we spent too much time shopping. Then back to the boat lunch at a buffet restaurant further down the island and pictures with a nurse shark super cool. Headed back to Cancun they would have put the sails up if there was wind but unfortunately there was not enough so they stopped in the middle of the Carribean and we got to dive off and swim .... the water was so beautiful and warm and clear. They did a video that you could buy and it was worth every penny what an awesome time we had. We also got a picture taken (hubby and I) that we just love. Super keepsake!

7. angel00

angel00 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jungle Tour!

We went on pretty much all the tours and for me the Jungle Tour was by far the best experience & value for money - although the swim with dolphons came a close second.

Xe-Caret was breathtaking, although do be advised that it is a FULL day out, and you wont get back to your hotel until around 11pm. The reps desciption of this park is misleading, this is more of a Eco Zoo than a water park, if snorkelling is your thing, the Xel-Ha is definately your best bet - that said I thought it was well worth the money and would go again.

We went to Isle Majures for our Dolphin Swim, because it was the closest and reasonably priced, but again was mislead - we were told no more than 8 in 1 group, and there was 15 people in our group, and with only 1/2 hour, you didnt get to spend much time with ONE dolphin. No cameras allowed in the dolphin pools, so you buy their extremely expensive DVD. I enjoyed the experience (who wouldnt) but it was not value for money.

But if I was to go again (after speaking to other people) I would definately go to the Island of Couzmel, here you definately get the best deal, and once you have swam with the dolphins, you get to snorkel on the best reef (although all tour guides will tell you this, where ever you go!) The 3 hour journey is definately worth it, and the snorkelling here, is definately the best.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1.- Chichen Itzá is a must

2.- Xcaret is nature beauty

3.- If snorkeling is your fav then Xel Ha

4.- Cozumel if you want to dive

5.- Isla Contoy for bird watching, snorkeling and do something original.

9. Parrot

Parrot Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cozumel

3 hours? Could someone please let me know the best way to get to Cozumel. We've never been to Cancun before, so please be gentle! We would like to go to Cozumel and rent a Jeep. So I guess my question is how to get there from Cancun Palace and are there jeep rentals? If so, what else should we make certain to see or do in Cozumel (we don't dive). :cool:
    Thanks!

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting to Cozumel

From the hotel zone you need to catch a bus going downtown. Some of the buses that go downtown say "Bus station" right on the window & some don't. So before you get on any bus that says downtown, ask the bus driver if he goes to the bus station.

The bus will leave the hotel zone and turn right onto Tulum Ave. When the bus turns right....which is the first turn it will make once it leaves the hotel zone, then your stop is a couple down...so be watching.

You will be dropped off right in front of Commercial Mexicana, a grocery store. Wait for the bus to take off and the traffic to clear because you are going to have to cross traffic and cross the street. You won't see anything that looks like a bus station as you are standing there, due to the angle that the station sits.....trust me, it's there though.

So cross the street and when you get to the other side of the road, turn right and walk down a bit...then you will see the buses in the back and just walk around to the front of the bus station.

When you get inside, there is a line for Playa del Carmen an the bus leaves about every 10-15 minutes. Pay for your ticket $3.20us and go ahead and get on the bus. No assigned seating...just sit wherever you like. The bus is air conditioned & might get a tad nippy. There is storage room over the seats as well as in the bowel of the bus if you are taking gear with you.

The ride will take about 45 minutes. The bus will stop at various spots an pick up & drop off folks. Yes...it will literally pull over to the side of the road to pick folks up & drop them off.

Now...the bus station in Playa del Carmen sits on the corner of Juarez Ave & 5th Ave. When you walk out of the bus station, you will see a McDonalds, Dominos Pizza and a Bank ATM machine directly in front of you. As you are standing one 5th Ave., facing McDonalds/Dominos etc...turn to your right and walk to the corner. The corner is Juarez Ave. You can look down Juarez Ave. and see the ocean......Walk down Juarez Ave., towards the water to the end of the road, turn right & walk towards Sr. Frogs....which is the only way that you can turn at that point an remain on the road. Walk 2 blocks down to Calle 1 South & turn left at Calle 1 South an you will walk right into the ferry dock.

Now....WARNING: The ticket booth closest to the ferry dock is a timeshare booth. They will offer you a free ferry ticket in exchange for you listening to a timeshare pitch. Avoid that booth unless you want to waste 3-4 hours of your day listening to a salespitch. Go to any other ticket booth to buy your ticket...the cost is the same at all of them so it doesn't matter which one you pick. The cost is 80 pesos one way & 146 pesos round trip. There are 2 different companies offering ferry service "Mexico Waterjects" & "Ultramar" .....ultramar is the newest, both cost the same, get a ticket for whichever one leaves next.

Now....WARNING #2: Do not accept any free maps or other "stuff" from anyone who approaches you. They are all timeshare hawks....ignore them all!! Be leary of ANYONE who just walks up to you an starts talking to you....they are all selling timeshare.

The ferry ride will take 30-45 minutes depending. When you get to Cozumel, there will be a taxi line to your left. If you need a taxi to get to a particular place, catch one. If you are just gonna hang out in town...everything is walking distance.

Might wanna print this out now & take it with ya!!!

BTW....5th Ave. is the "main drag" in Playa, so when you get back from Cozumel...it's worth strolling down 5th Ave. to find a nice restaruant or do a bit of shopping or people watching.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice