What about Golden Parnassus

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by rlin2050, Jun 3, 2008.

1. rlin2050

rlin2050 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and I have stayed at Temptations in May and really enjoyed the atmosphere there as well as the entertainment. The people we meet were great--Janice and Scott----Jamie (thanks for saving our seats for stripper night but that guy stripper scarred be for life, way to close) We have some friends that want to go to Cancun in October. They really enjoy the beach( Temptation beach is not its selling point) and we were looking at the Golden Parnassus. Does anyone have an opinion or thoughts about this resort. I cannot find alot of info on it except at trip advisor, orbitzs, ect. This forum was so helpful with useful information about Temptations. Any help woudl be great.

2. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We looked at this resort as possibility for our trip in April.
    Our neighbors stayed there and loved it. Her scapbook made the resort look really good. The beach looked great.
    Temptations came in a lot cheaper, and we knew what to expect, so we ended up going there again.
    WE did make a stop at the GP to drop off another couple on our way to Temptations, what we saw of it looked really nice.
    We love the beach and that is the one disappointment in Temptations.

If you look at the Cancun Hotels area on the index of this site, you will find a few things about the GP.

I have to be honest with you, we loved Temptations on our first trip, but if GP would have been a lttle cheaper, we'd have probably stayed there for the beach, and to try something new.

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    same question posted earlier this year with some honest answers

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39050

4. rlin2050

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the help - I think we are going to give this place a try

5. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let us know what you think.

Sounds like a trip this next year will not be in the cards for us, but I am always looking for good ideas and deals!

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    GP may be a nice compromise, however if we were not going to TTR to be with the crazies, I think I would try a little more luxurious resort. Maybe back to Sandals Negril or down Playa Del Carmen.

7. KittyKlubHouse13

KittyKlubHouse13 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Golden Parnassus Trip Report

My husband and I went to GP last year 2007. I do have to say the beach was amazing and the staff was great. The ability to be topless was there but you didn't feel the free spirits that you have at Temptations. If all your looking for is the quality of the beach by all means do go, but to enjoy the crazy, free spirited people take another trip to Temptations. I do have to say the quality of the food and service is about the same.

Have a great time where ever you choose to stay.

LeeAnn & Gary
    Stayed at Temptation May 21-31 2008
    [/color

8. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We vacationed at the Golden Parnassus last June (as a matter of fact, we were there a year ago this week...sigh....)

Among the reasons we chose it were: Good beach, reputation for excellent service, adults only, topless option, all-inclusive, good trip reports, attractive rooms/balconies/ocean views, good (at least decent) night life at the Tiki Bar, exchange priviledges with the Great Parnassus, and the lunch cruise on the Caribbean Queen paddlewheeler (good food and lots of onboard fun) for those of us in the upgraded rooms.

We weren't disappointed at all. Oh, sure, we would have enjoyed a swim-up bar, but the staff was very prompt insofar as serving drinks to those of us around the pool and down on the beach. We're not into "wild & crazy" games...the tiquila volleyball in the pool was plenty wild for us. Toplessness will vary from week to week. When we were there, I'd say it was around 3 to 1 (er, make that 6 "covered" boobs for every 2 "uncovered" ones). Good mix of people from the UK, Canada and the US. The entertainment staff provided a reasonably entertaining floor show every night and there were hotel groups going to a different bar - Coco Bongo, Carlos & Charlies, etc. etc.) every night.
    The Tiki Bar was especially fun at night...lots of interaction among the guests... :beerdrink: :daveandmo: :3some: :bootyshake:

The resort is a little older than a lot of others in the Hotel Zone, but the rooms were very comfortable and well decorated (marble double vanities, whirlpool tubs by the balcony windows, marble tile floors, CD players, satellite televisions, etc.). The service there was much better than many other all-inclusives we've visited in Mexico and the Caribbean over the past 10 years. We don't necessarily want to go back to every resort we ever stayed at, but we wouldn't mind staying at the Golden Parnassus again sometime in the next few years.

We have tons of pics if you want to see.... :shock:

9. rlin2050

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That helps alot
    I would love to see some pictures of the room , beach and pool/bar area

10. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Roger & Janna...sent you a PM.....

Cape Couple

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice