We've lost our dog - Reward for her return

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by heatandsun, Nov 25, 2008.

1. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Negra is an island dog that went to a vet in Cancun today for heart-worm treatment. When they took her out to the bathroom, the leash broke and she ran off. The vet's office was across the street from the ADO, near the Tycos restaurant, on Av. Tulum.

We are sick about the thought of her out there with traffic, dog-catchers, and other dangers. She must be so lost. Here are a couple of pictures, if anyone sees her or finds her, please let me know. We will pay a reward to anyone turning up with La Negra.

Also - any idea how to find out if the city has picked her up? Where do they keep the dogs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Sue
    Blog entry: http://dentrodeljardin.blogspot.com/2008/11/hoping-for-best.html

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you see which way she went? Have you put posters in the area? That vet should have a better system to prevent things like this.

I think if the city catches her she's done-for. They destroy the dogs very quickly and not humanely. But the chance of the city catching her is small.

Try calling my friend Maria Alicia Salgado and see if she has any advice. She runs the RAP animal shelter in Bonfil. She might have some ideas for you. Tell her Kim told you to call.

Mexico Office: 052 (998) 206-0056
    Mexico Cel: 052 (998) 165-3512

E-Mail: rap [at] rapanimalrescue [dot] org

I really hope you find her.

3. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I was not there to see where she went. La Negra is a shared dog between two families - a dog abandoned by her owner a couple of years ago who spends time each day at each house - on her own schedule. My neighbor took her to the vets today and had just gotten back to Isla. I find it hard to understand how a vet clinic could let something like that happen - either let her use her cage or have an enclosed area. Geez - you do all you can to protect these street animals from harm, and then the VET is the one that puts them at most risk. I'm so disappointed.

I'll give your friend a call in the morning - thanks again for the info.

Sue
    http://dentrodeljardin.blogspot.com/2008/11/hoping-for-best.html

4. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This made me sad. I hope you find your baby safe real soon. By the way, that is a cute kitty you have.

5. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They found her!

Just got an email from my neighbor that they found La Negra. In Cancun. Lying near a car near Mercado 28 - probably tired. She went a long way, but wow - how lucky! We are so happy. I still cannot believe they found her. That dog is one lucky little girl.

Thanks to those who replied. Whew - now we can sleep...our old girl is safe.

Sue
    blog: http://dentrodeljardin.blogspot.com/

6. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That kitty is called Maya. Found at 3 weeks of age near the garbage pail of my neighbor. All alone. She is now almost 2 months old but still tiny. We had a couple of rough times with her, but now she's full of mischief - driving the other cats and Loco nuts. She's adorable. Thanks!

Sue
    blog: http://dentrodeljardin.blogspot.com/

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad she was found, I was about to start a foot search of the area before I read further.

That is the vet that we use, we've never had a problem with them, sorry to hear she got out of their hands.

8. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: They found her!

That is awesome! It breaks my heart to think about a dog lost and away from home. If I was at home I would give my little monster a huge hug right now.

9. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I almost didn't read this post because it made me sad.

But how amazing that they found her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice